North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

My bad, I had already realised my error before reading this. That's the south stand(the two home ends dream). But people do want that moving as well and have done for some time. They should never have put either behind the goals. Some clubs don't even put the away fans close to the pitch.

As for the family end. I know from my matchgoing experiences elsewhere in the stadium. That some hate fans standing up and making too much noise. It's a mad concept to me and IMO, you can't even blame it on the newer generation of fans. Some of the biggest moaners, shouting 'sit down' or looking around at anyone making noise on their own are the oldies, who've probably been going to matches for years. I imagine the families wouldn't want it too rowdy where they sit too. It's difficult to keep everyone happy.
Cheers.

The SS 2/3 must become all City with away fans shifted down to ES1/SS1 around the corner flag.

Poor acoustics and views !!

Disappointing.

This was a chance to create a home end. The club could have sat down with the key groups to make it happen. There's a need to drive revenue and undoubtedly the club don't want to revisit other parts of the ground to deliver it elsewhere, at cost, but a better compromise could have been reached.

They should have advised on season tickets at this stage ideally, as the lack of detail there leads to more scrutiny and negativity. Whilst it's a way off yet, there's a spreadsheet with all the numbers in and it isn't going to change.

3,000 rail seats is okay, could be more but if it was known that it was at the back of the stand with the rest of the stand also being for new and existing season ticket holders it would improve the overall appeal.

The GA+ being front and centre, based on the info they've given, is also now a problem. You'll have lots of day trippers and tourists in an area that should be visually intimidating and a key part of the home end.

I hope the club rethink things, but I've always been sceptical.

It would make sense to me if the existing lower tier was converted to rail seating. This wouldn’t impair the sight lines from the expanded upper tier, and who would want to stand up anyway when you are already hundreds of feet above and away from the pitch?
Everyone should care about the atmosphere. Arsenal last week was fucking awful, for a game of that magnitude. What’s the point of going to the football if you don’t want to join in on the singing? You don’t have to stand up and go mad, just join in.
I’m at the back of 116 and it was really good.
However.. when I watched the TV on catch up it didn’t come across like that at all.
I think we just have to face facts that the stadium does not keep the noise it like say Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Wolves for example.. old grounds with structures that don’t leak the noise.

Disappointing.

This was a chance to create a home end. The club could have sat down with the key groups to make it happen. There's a need to drive revenue and undoubtedly the club don't want to revisit other parts of the ground to deliver it elsewhere, at cost, but a better compromise could have been reached.

They should have advised on season tickets at this stage ideally, as the lack of detail there leads to more scrutiny and negativity. Whilst it's a way off yet, there's a spreadsheet with all the numbers in and it isn't going to change.

3,000 rail seats is okay, could be more but if it was known that it was at the back of the stand with the rest of the stand also being for new and existing season ticket holders it would improve the overall appeal.

The GA+ being front and centre, based on the info they've given, is also now a problem. You'll have lots of day trippers and tourists in an area that should be visually intimidating and a key part of the home end.

I hope the club rethink things, but I've always been sceptical.
GA+ isn’t ’day Trippers’ and ‘tourists’ though. It’s seasonal card members.

Cheers.

The SS 2/3 must become all City with away fans shifted down to ES1/SS1 around the corner flag.

Poor acoustics and views !!
Yeah, that's kind of how it all got merged in my head. Two home ends would in theory be fantastic. Bouncing off each other when it's flat, competing etc. Does that even exist in topflight football anymore though? Probably only Germany if it does.

I’m at the back of 116 and it was really good.
However.. when I watched the TV on catch up it didn’t come across like that at all.
I think we just have to face facts that the stadium does not keep the noise it like say Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Wolves for example.. old grounds with structures that don’t leak the noise.

I think the accustic issues are down to shallow tiers, especially L2, concrete overhangs, gaps between the stands and tiers, and a high roof/line.

It’s a bit like a poor Wi-Fi signal in a house, blocked by doors, walls, and other obstructions, so the Wi-Fi signal struggles to reach every room.

One line we’ve seen is - oh we haven’t got 7-8000 singers to go in an end like that so why is that a red line.

We absolutely have the singers already in the ground. We already have 7000 standing regularly at City. But they aren’t in one area.

750 in 111 , 4,000 in 114 to 119 . All of 314 stands - 375. All of 315 stands - 750. Then the back 6-7 rows of 316 317 and 318 stand. Imagine all them together in one area ?

That’s what a request of 7-8000 allows for and to get the right people to move to a new end it has to have the right pulling power - here’s the space now come and fill it. People like the views from south 3, they like the party atmosphere in south 1, with a dj on the concourse etc and south standers like the proximity to the away fans.

Getting people to move there is possible but has to be a better offer than what people are getting now. Otherwise they just stay.

We’d support new people going in there and doing what they can and hopefully there’s enough energy to spark 2 ends to sing to each other. The devil is in the detail though.

But to have a small section only runs the risk of splitting the existing singers even more from 3 sections to 4. Which means it’s even harder and the pockets of singers get swamped by day trippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.