North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

We may as well put rail seating in the whole top section. Id imagine people sat just in front will want to stand.

If we can somehow persuade the club to increase the standing section to 5,000.
Agree with that,and the best way to persuade them are to make sure they know the demand is there and fill the 3000,If it did get to 4/5000, then those in front of that would be joining in as well.

It is not purely for acoustic reasons.

Premier league clubs are hardly the best examples given they are mandated to have away seats on the lower tiers.

Look abroad and the vast majority of sections are in the gods for the most part. Out of sight and out of mind. You do not give away sections prime seating on the lower tier.

Even if we was allowed to move all the away fans up top I wouldn't do that either given the noise they would make each game. I'd keep them precisely where they are. The three tier split means it is usually difficult for them to get anything going which can only be to our benefit.
But that is not so.

In ES1/SS1 they are also split up round the corner and without the advantage of the good acoustics up in SS2/1.

The views are also poor !!

Well I certainly hated the old Kippax. The sight lines were abysmal and the bogs were beyond primitive.

The only time I ever went there was when the Scoreboard End had been demolished and I moved straight back to the North Stand when it opened.

My last time in there was for a League Cup tie against Chelsea around 1993. I was working in Manchester and staying in a hotel near the airport. I was a bit late setting out and hit traffic on the Parkway. I did get to the ground around ten minutes before kick-off but there were horrendous queues at the turnstiles. I finally got in 25 minutes into the match. The attendance was just over 16,000. That kinda summed up the Swales era.

The poor view from the Kippax - despite me being 5ft 11 inches tall - reminded me of why I never went there.
People always used to say especially my dad's generation that the steps at MR were shallower than uniteds so it was harder to see but the New North Stand was better iirc.

Agree with that,and the best way to persuade them are to make sure they know the demand is there and fill the 3000,If it did get to 4/5000, then those in front of that would be joining in as well.
When the arrangements & prices are confirmed, it will be so important for those who want rail seats to act quickly so if demand exceeds supply, the club can expand the rail seating capacity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.