North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Compared to two close neighbours in Liverpool and United:

View attachment 133110
View attachment 133111

View attachment 133112
View attachment 133114

All of us are pitiful with our cheaper end tickets than at clubs like Bayern though. They have 16,000 (yes, SIXTEEN THOUSAND) season tickets prices at €250. I don’t even think we’ve got 1,600 of our cheaper end tickets.
Thing is with German clubs is they have the 50+1 rule, so the fans have a huge say in the running of things

But, I wanted to share something that wasn’t necessarily included yesterday. The Club’s policy at this moment in time is that all new season cards (and I don’t like using that term for these tickets) will be Flexi Gold only. That is to say that there will only be Flexi Gold tickets offered in the new North Stand expansion.

I think this is an absolute disaster. Whilst I recognise that the flexibility of this ticket may be attractive to some, there are well established concerns including the £150 premium to purchase a Flexi Gold ticket compared to a standard season ticket. Likewise, the lack of choice between a season card and Flexi Gold undermined arguments about flexibility, as it would mean that (even more) fans are forced to purchase the more expensive former in lieu of the latter. It is difficult to view this as anything other than a money-making exercise.
I think that’s really concerning if that happens. More expensive prices and lack of flexibility would do so much damage to what’s meant to be a home end. Not to mention the end of new season ticket holders.

It’s all about money. What do the official supporters club think about this? Where are the other voices on this?

We need to challenge this now otherwise as you say it’s a disaster. It’s easier said then done, but I honestly think all of these different groups should form a proper supporters trust, as we seemingly have no voice.

I look around at owners of other clubs and look back at previous owners of our club.
The platt lane and Kippax stands just went up with no requests from fans. The club built what it could afford. Evan that roof on the main stand.
Let’s applaud our owners for what they have done. If they want to make a little bit back from a few extra corporate seats then who are we to criticise.
We are watching a world class team playing in a world class ground.
Cut the owners some slack

Agree with all, but worth pointing out, it is hardly 'a few extra corporate seats'.

The corporate here is a total of 5% of the tier. Even if you want to treat the GA+ as that (which it is not, but it is some level of hospitality), that's 7%.

Hardly worth complaining about, imo.

That’s what every single person I’ve ever spoken to about this was under the impression of as well.

What on Earth is the point in building something that looks the epitome of a proper atmosphere stand with a big deep tier to group a large chunk of fans together as one:

View attachment 133098

…and it not being a dedicated atmosphere stand?

This really could be a fucking massive a wasted opportunity!

And this is the last ever opportunity we’ll have at this stadium to have a proper atmosphere home stand. Everywhere else, the tiers are too small and break up too many fans. There’s no sense of belonging to anything substantial in any other area of the stadium because everyone is just in little chunks of stands here and there.

But that big NSL2 tier looks special and should be special. I really bloody hope it ends up being special!

The level of detail in yesterday’s announcement was sparse as fuck. Their opening line was, ‘We are delighted to reveal the seating configuration for the expansion of the North Stand’, yet revealed very little really. No seating configuration was given any detail, it was just vague.

City need to be giving everyone as much detail as possible and driving this stand like it’s going to be something special to be part of, I don’t feel like I really know anymore than I already did. I don’t know if it’s aimed at me or fans of the visiting team who’ve got tickets through the club’s ticket tout partner.

All seems rather diluted from what we’ve been driving at the club for over a decade about having an atmosphere stand, well before it was announced that NSL2 would be expanded.

Where will the standing section be? Because it doesn’t say whether the rail seats will even be in NSL2, the pictures suggest they might be in NSL1. So where are they?
How many seats here will be season tickets?
How many will be for just City membership fans?
What will the ticket prices be (not just for when it opens, but for the next three or so years)?
How are you going to go about getting people to move there?
Will you allow friends and family to move together who don’t already sit together?

Without knowing this and more, how is anyone going to know whether they’re going to make the decision to move there? This should be a huge drive with the club and fans in constant consultation with each other and loads of marketing to get people really excited.
Yet I’ve not had a single thing from the club to ask my opinion. Nobody from City Matters or the OSC seemed to be canvassing for fans’ opinions… 1894 were the only ones who bothered and they weren’t even at every meeting that took place.

I too was going to move into NSL2 from ESL1 and get stuck right in with the atmosphere in NSL2, but i too am not sure whether this is going to be worth it at the moment so how can I make a decision on whether I’ll move there?

Kudos on a balanced and fair take, it is refreshing.

Agree there was very little in the club statement, said as much when it came out. And other than the introduction of 3k rails, nothing significant has really changed.

But by that same point, people claiming it as a tourist end and a failure, and the club screwing the fans over etc, can't possibly know that, while there is such a lack of detail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.