North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

I watched the Rangers game today where the Union Bears, the main singing group, have been moved from one end of Ibrox to the other.

Previously the Union Bears had been in a corner of the Broomloan Stand where most people were stood up and the away fans were located, albeit in the opposite corner.

Today it seemed quite incongruous with the Union Bears stood in the middle of the Copland Road stand and fans in the blocks either side of them sat down.

It struck me that the atmosphere was worse, as previously those stood in the Broomloan stand would join in with the Union Bears but now being at the opposite end they didn't and neither did those fans sat adjacent to them in the Copland Road stand.

I think this is a cautionary tale for this new "all things to all people" North Stand and it's quite likely that those sat in front of the standing section at the back won't be joining in the songs and so the noise won't travel very far. Also, at the Etihad there are more people who will join in with songs in the south side of the ground than the north and there isn't going to be a mass movement of these people, even if a few singers move to the new North stand.

Additionally at City, the vocal fans have always congregated around the away fans.

And if the new stand is all flexi gold it will be a moot point anyway as not many people will move .

So imo the most vocal area will remain the South Stand, both L1 and L3, when the new North Stand opens. As has been mentioned on here previously, it's a great shame 1894 didn't move to SSL3 when it opened.
Make the SSL 2 & 3 all City with away fans shifted below into ESL1 and around the corner flag, the poorest position for acoustics and views in the whole stadium.

I watched the Rangers game today where the Union Bears, the main singing group, have been moved from one end of Ibrox to the other.

Previously the Union Bears had been in a corner of the Broomloan Stand where most people were stood up and the away fans were located, albeit in the opposite corner.

Today it seemed quite incongruous with the Union Bears stood in the middle of the Copland Road stand and fans in the blocks either side of them sat down.

It struck me that the atmosphere was worse, as previously those stood in the Broomloan stand would join in with the Union Bears but now being at the opposite end they didn't and neither did those fans sat adjacent to them in the Copland Road stand.

I think this is a cautionary tale for this new "all things to all people" North Stand and it's quite likely that those sat in front of the standing section at the back won't be joining in the songs and so the noise won't travel very far. Also, at the Etihad there are more people who will join in with songs in the south side of the ground than the north and there isn't going to be a mass movement of these people, even if a few singers move to the new North stand.

Additionally at City, the vocal fans have always congregated around the away fans.

And if the new stand is all flexi gold it will be a moot point anyway as not many people will move .

So imo the most vocal area will remain the South Stand, both L1 and L3, when the new North Stand opens. As has been mentioned on here previously, it's a great shame 1894 didn't move to SSL3 when it opened.
I think you have misunderstood what @Alex - City Matters posted. Any new 'SCs' offered will be Flexi-Gold from now on and that means anywhere in the stadium. Obviously the only possible reasonable number of these being offered any time soon will be in the expanded NS.

What won't be happening is existing full SC holders being forced to downgrade to Flexi-Gold if they want to relocate there. SCs as we know them won't be offered to new members in the foreseeable future.

Yours or mine? I can understand people complaining that the down payment is too high for flex-gold but the concept reflects many fans’ attendance at games. Many thousands of season cards / tickets are transferred for every game. The norm is north of 10k, I understand.
The club are to blame for this in my opinion. Season ticket holders are clinging on to season tickets for dear life nowadays, as without one you’re faced with an absolute lottery to get tickets for a lot of games when they go on sale, buying a returned season ticket holders seat the week of the game is all well and good for some people, but not feasible for most, and if you do get your hands on one, the prices are eye watering.

I think you have misunderstood what @Alex - City Matters posted. Any new 'SCs' offered will be Flexi-Gold from now on and that means anywhere in the stadium. Obviously the only possible reasonable number of these being offered any time soon will be in the expanded NS.

What won't be happening is existing full SC holders being forced to downgrade to Flexi-Gold if they want to relocate there. SCs as we know them won't be offered to new members in the foreseeable future.
Or maybe people will get new season cards in expanded North Stand and they won’t contribute to the atmosphere. These flexi golds were offered when fans feared there would be no new season cards. I reckon there will be season cards in the expanded North Stand but nobody really knows.

Or maybe people will get new season cards in expanded North Stand and they won’t contribute to the atmosphere. These flexi golds were offered when fans feared there would be no new season cards. I reckon there will be season cards in the expanded North Stand but nobody really knows.
That's not what Alex posted. No full SCs going forward starting with the expanded NS next summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.