North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

There’s not prefect solution. Season tickets and match day tickets, home and away ;-), have always been open to abuse. But why should City fans have to pay an extra £150 membership fee to purchase a flexi gold season ticket? I asked that question earlier today, but nobody has tried to answer my question yet.
The obvious answer to that is £150 is added to the price (as a minimum) of this new version of a seasoncard. This is even higher if the member doesn't attend all 19 home games.

Who benefits?

Firstly, supporters who attend, or want to attend, most league games but haven't been able to get a full SC as none have been released since Covid. Those on here who managed to get one of the 600 released for this season were ecstatic as it means they can go to all the league games they want to in the same seat without paying extortionate match day prices.

Obviously it's mainly the club which benefits mostly as it's a poorly disguised price increase and it enables them to sell more seats at match day prices as Flexi-Gold holders can't transfer tickets they have purchased.

Anyone trying to paint Flexi-Gold members as being tourists or lesser supporters needs to have a long, hard think about that.

Tim.

There shouldn’t be charge, never mind half the charge.

There’s absolutely no reason at all why the club shouldn’t be selling standard season tickets to City fans without a (£150) charge. It’s just another money making scam by the club.
If somebody wants to go to every game I agree, and some normal S/C s should be available after the extension opens at least 4/5000.
If it’s a Matchday buyer that just wants the minimum 10 games then the £150 and buying the 10 tickets works out far cheaper than 10 match tickets and is great value.The issue is those buying it for all the games and seeing it as a normal S/C, when it should be seen more as targeted to Matchday buyers that don’t want to go to every game.

We are not going to sell 8000 premium seats in the new NS. I would rather they made it affordable for the many, although I doubt they will.
I'd prefer it to be affordable for the many as well.

But if every new season ticketholder has to pay the flexi gold premium, then that, in itself, means effectively an ever increasing number of premium seats.

If somebody wants to go to every game I agree, and some normal S/C s should be available after the extension opens at least 4/5000.
If it’s a Matchday buyer that just wants the minimum 10 games then the £150 and buying the 10 tickets works out far cheaper than 10 match tickets and is great value.The issue is those buying it for all the games and seeing it as a normal S/C, when it should be seen more as targeted to Matchday buyers that don’t want to go to every game.

Agree there.

I think the relevant discussion point though in terms of the north stand expansion is that it is easier to create an atmosphere with fans who are going to be there the vast majority of games which is why having more season ticket holders would be beneficial. As well as the option to pick and choose games, flexi gold holders don’t have to sit in the same seat either.

Agree there.

I think the relevant discussion point though in terms of the north stand expansion is that it is easier to create an atmosphere with fans who are going to be there the vast majority of games which is why having more season ticket holders would be beneficial. As well as the option to pick and choose games, flexi gold holders don’t have to sit in the same seat either.
Flexi golds do keep the same seat.

I’m 100% sure the vast majority of City fans who are desperate for a season ticket would attend most if not all of the PL games if the club offered standard season tickets.(in the new North stand)

There will always be genuine reasons why people can’t attend every PL game.

If a season ticket holder can’t attend a PL game they can sell their ticket on the ticket exchange.

There is absolutely no need to charge City fans £150 for the privilege, which it is atm, to buy a season ticket.

The intention of the club to only release new season tickets as flexi golds is nothing but a £150 price increase on season tickets.

With no gold alternative offered, anyone wanting a season ticket will be forced to pay £150 extra for the privilege. Whether you want the flexi option or not, you will have to pay it.

Reactions: jrb
The intention of the club to only release new season tickets as flexi golds is nothing but a £150 price increase on season tickets.

With no gold alternative offered, anyone wanting a season ticket will be forced to pay £150 extra for the privilege. Whether you want the flexi option or not, you will have to pay it.

The club know City fans who are ‘desperate for a season ticket’ will have no option but to pay for a Flexi Gold season ticket, as that will be the only season ticket made available to them by the club, otherwise City fans won’t be able to buy a season ticket.

Flexi golds do keep the same seat.

I knew they could guarantee the same seat but also thought they may be able to choose otherwise if preferred. Think I just misread the below as also having an option to move but probably just means at the point of purchase of the membership option.

Flexi-Gold Season Ticket Members can select the same guaranteed seat for all Premier League matches they wish to attend, at point of renewal/purchase. There will be several seat locations available around the stadium, subject to availability at the time of purchase.

Would be very interesting to see how many games flexi gold members are going to.

The reality is that if City’s owners did what the fans want, we would no longer be able to attract World class players and would probably end up struggling to stay in the Premier League, but at least some here would like that so they could get tickets
Utter nonsense. Brainwashed. They waste more money on fireworks and light shows that no one wants.

We’re making £50m profit we do not need to be milking the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.