North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Or maybe people will get new season cards in expanded North Stand and they won’t contribute to the atmosphere. These flexi golds were offered when fans feared there would be no new season cards. I reckon there will be season cards in the expanded North Stand but nobody really knows.
Tim there’s no new season cards being made available. Flexi Gold is not a like for like replacement. The only thing that needs to happen is seasoncards to be reintroduced like it is at every other club in the prem.

The only season cards are people already on them who choose to move. No new ones. You run a branch. Why don’t the OSC do more?

I heard about the number of tickets that get transferred from City Execs at a fans meeting IIRC. Try looking on the Facebook pages and X in the lead up to the Fulham game. This will be the minority of tickets getting transferred but you might get an idea of scale.

I’ve said there will be season cards in the North Stand and you now appear to agree with me on they specific point, unless I’m missing something.

I’ve answered your questions. Now please explain to me how flexi golds will be so damaging. What research have you done to support your view? I know lots of families they were delighted to get their kids flexi golds btw
I heard about the number of tickets that get transferred from City Execs at a fans meeting IIRC. Try looking on the Facebook pages and X in the lead up to the Fulham game. This will be the minority of tickets getting transferred but you might get an idea of scale.

I’ve said there will be season cards in the North Stand and you now appear to agree with me on they specific point, unless I’m missing something.

I’ve answered your questions. Now please explain to me how flexi golds will be so damaging. What research have you done to support your view? I know lots of families they were delighted to get their kids flexi golds btw
My grandson got his first season card via the Flexi scheme, we pay £75 ps and half the games are £9 & other half £10, works out at just shy of £14 per game if attending all games, and we where chuffed to bits, obviously the club could’ve made X3 on the seat for an adult, so I kind of understand it’s a balancing act, but I obviously say that as someone who benefited from the scheme, i understand people’s frustration with flexi’s, but they’re actually supplementing the price of others

My grandson got his first season card via the Flexi scheme, we pay £75 ps and half the games are £9 & other half £10, works out at just shy of £14 per game if attending all games, and we where chuffed to bits, obviously the club could’ve made X3 on the seat for an adult, so I kind of understand it’s a balancing act, but I obviously say that as someone who benefited from the scheme, i understand people’s frustration with flexi’s, but they’re actually supplementing the price of others
Just checked this seasons prices and it works out at £25 more, which isn’t too bad at all, but I’d expect them to run it up over the coming years by raising both the down payment & individual matches

People always used to say especially my dad's generation that the steps at MR were shallower than uniteds so it was harder to see but the New North Stand was better iirc.
When it opened, the North Stand provided the best view I had ever seen at Maine Road with good sight lines and no pillars in the way.

Unfortunately after the first year of operation, they put seats in. It did seem a strange approach. Either put the seats in from the start or retain the crash barriers for a few seasons.

When it opened, the North Stand provided the best view I had ever seen at Maine Road with good sight lines and no pillars in the way.

Unfortunately after the first year of operation, they put seats in. It did seem a strange approach. Either put the seats in from the start or retain the crash barriers for a few seasons.
I think a change in the law regarding the proportion of a stadium that had to be seated forced the club to install seats. It wasn’t the original plan for the North Stand.

I think a change in the law regarding the proportion of a stadium that had to be seated forced the club to install seats. It wasn’t the original plan for the North Stand.
I find that hard to believe given that the Main Stand and the Platt Lane End were all fully seated. That is a bigger proportion of seats than the vast majority of First Division Stadia back then.

I suspect that it was a desire to push up season ticket sales. You can’t really sell season tickets for terrace space or even for unnumbered Platt Lane seats.

It certainly worked as I bought my first season ticket when the North Stand seats went in. I think it cost me £12 or something like that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.