North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Liverpool charge £9 for kids for every game right around the stadium. I’m convinced if we charged the same, even with the scandalous prices of adult tickets the empty seats would disappear over night, whilst introducing a new generation of match going supporters to the club.
Are you talking about the empty seats that have already been sold or some other empty seats?

It’s amazing just how much the victim mentality puts the fear of god in people. The media, politicians, the FA etc are terrified of the cult…..
IMHO, it all goes back to the media's coverage of Hillsborough, in particular the Sun newspaper.
As a fan who often attended City away games in that era, the Hillsborough tragedy was always going to happen somewhere, at a game with a large travelling fan base.
Bear in mind, that attending away games was easy then, usually just pay on arrival at the turnstile. Wake up Saturday morning, phone around, pile in the car and off you go: stopping at a pub on the way for a beer or two.
We once drove to Derby, lovely Spring day, soon into the Peak District Ashbourne road, we passed pub after pub with many City fans relaxing outside. The thing is we were late! We all agreed these City fans could miss the k.o.
We arrived on time.
I often think about that same scenario years later culminating in the tragedy at Hillsborough with late arriving fans, pushing and shoving and incompetent plate policing. The responsible Liverpool fans who arrived early were just innocent victims of the late arriving hordes demanding to be admitted.
The truth will never be admitted on Merseyside, it's unpalatable.

Are you talking about the empty seats that have already been sold or some other empty seats?
A bit of both mate, there are countless season ticket holders who have no intention of attending every game but keep the season ticket to avoid the scandalous match day prices, I don’t blame them for this. Let’s however not pretend that we sell out every game and the only empties are non attendees because it’s simply not true.

A bit of both mate, there are countless season ticket holders who have no intention of attending every game but keep the season ticket to avoid the scandalous match day prices, I don’t blame them for this. Let’s however not pretend that we sell out every game and the only empties are non attendees because it’s simply not true.
I’m in favour of cheaper tickets but not everything is about price. I know a guy and him and his lad had tickets for both the Etihad and Elland Road. Obviously, they couldn’t make all the hone games at both grounds.

There will be loads of reasons why some season are holders can’t make some games including family and work commitments, poor transport links, rearranged fixtures etc

if you want to exaggerate the number of unsold seats then go for it but for most Prem home games the only tickets that remain unsold (at least once) are a few hundred singles. In fact, we often sell out block of returned away tickets and I’m glad those tickets are made available for £30 etc.

I liked JRB’s idea of making all (adult) tickets in An expanded North Stand £400.

Btw if Liverpool were selling loads of £9 match tickets they wouldn’t have a much bigger match day revenue than us.

IMHO, it all goes back to the media's coverage of Hillsborough, in particular the Sun newspaper.
As a fan who often attended City away games in that era, the Hillsborough tragedy was always going to happen somewhere, at a game with a large travelling fan base.
Bear in mind, that attending away games was easy then, usually just pay on arrival at the turnstile. Wake up Saturday morning, phone around, pile in the car and off you go: stopping at a pub on the way for a beer or two.
We once drove to Derby, lovely Spring day, soon into the Peak District Ashbourne road, we passed pub after pub with many City fans relaxing outside. The thing is we were late! We all agreed these City fans could miss the k.o.
We arrived on time.
I often think about that same scenario years later culminating in the tragedy at Hillsborough with late arriving fans, pushing and shoving and incompetent plate policing. The responsible Liverpool fans who arrived early were just innocent victims of the late arriving hordes demanding to be admitted.

Jibbers without a fucking conscious. They still do it now . Lowlife lifetakers

Yep, they genuinely are. I’d love to know how many stories have been pulled or blocked. The IT hack, the inhalers, the kid who got her arm broken at Wembley, and now the booing, which Klopp himself has excused.

They’re untouchable.
Even that twat Richard Madeley is defending them over the booing.
Jibbers without a fucking conscious. They still do it now . Lowlife lifetakers
You only had to look at the lack of aisles in their end at the Wembley semi to see this.

The funny things is, away fans are still being charged £30, when they used to be charged £60. There’s no noise from the clubs about that changing as there would be a massive uproar about it, and away ends would be deserted, or protests would be taking place in away ends. Home fans are now paying £60-£70 for a match ticket for the Cat A home games. I appreciate the costs of travel for away fans, but many fans also travel to home games from long distances and end up paying hundreds of pounds just to see 1 home match.

I’m in favour of cheaper tickets but not everything is about price. I know a guy and him and his lad had tickets for both the Etihad and Elland Road. Obviously, they couldn’t make all the hone games at both grounds.

There will be loads of reasons why some season are holders can’t make some games including family and work commitments, poor transport links, rearranged fixtures etc

if you want to exaggerate the number of unsold seats then go for it but for most Prem home games the only tickets that remain unsold (at least once) are a few hundred singles. In fact, we often sell out block of returned away tickets and I’m glad those tickets are made available for £30 etc.

I liked JRB’s idea of making all (adult) tickets in An expanded North Stand £400.

Btw if Liverpool were selling loads of £9 match tickets they wouldn’t have a much bigger match day revenue than us.

The £9 tickets are very limited. And I think theres a ballot for them. Liverpool don’t have as many season ticket holders as City. The vast majority of their match day income comes from match day ticket sales. It’s a completely different setup to ours.

We arrived on time.
The Health & Safety Executive calculated that, given the lack of turnstiles and layout outside the ground, for Liverpool fans to safely enter the ground they would have had to start arriving at a constant flow 90 mins before kick off.
How often did you get to a ground 90 mins before kick off?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.