North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Not sure, I guess your journey is similar to mine, unless it's a late kick off which we don't often do, if we are driving home straight after a game recently we've found hanging around and getting a drink is prefferable to sitting in the car and traffic to get away and we don't find we get home any later really, that should be even more the case with all the new facilities at the campus. Of course that's dependant on being able to find somewher to park in the first place.
After years of trying things to see what works best we now park in the green carpark and bite the bullet with the gridlock afterwards. Normally stay over at a Premier Inn. The new hotel might be an option to park on campus and stay over - we will see.
We tried the metro for the first season and gave it up as a bad job as Mrs S was injured in a crush. Tried the centre of town but parking becomes very expensive. There is no hassle free easy way at present.

Just a thought - if they're implementing a 7k tier with rail seating, basically another singing section, what then happens to the current south stand? Do we think we will find 7k more people from other areas of the ground that want to create an atmosphere and move to this end or do people from the south stand then move to the north stand leaving the south stand flatter than currently?

I hope they price the new seats at a rate that will encourage more local youngsters to become match going fans. Hospitality etc is important but more important is to maintain and build the local fan base for the next 20/30 years.

Irrefutable evidence it is!!''

We are going nowhere but up, get the transfer records broken this summer to go with it.

Fasten your seatbelts, the ride has only just begun!!
Seriously, you'd have to think that City are very confident that we'll ultimately be exonerated of all the major charges and will be getting little more than a slap on the wrist at worst if the club are pressing on with this and sending the message out that it's business as usual.

After years of trying things to see what works best we now park in the green carpark and bite the bullet with the gridlock afterwards. Normally stay over at a Premier Inn. The new hotel might be an option to park on campus and stay over - we will see.
We tried the metro for the first season and gave it up as a bad job as Mrs S was injured in a crush. Tried the centre of town but parking becomes very expensive. There is no hassle free easy way at present.
We have used the Velodrome quite a lot, but since they started the booking we've been using that. I see the proposals the car official parking is supposed to stay the same, so booking may become essential, but at least the number of cars leaving won't increase. I think afternoon games will be better if people do stay around longer. Not sure what will happen with night games though especially if they clash with arena events.

Looking forward to new stand not sure about the hotel though, we already have a large and increasing number of tourists at games with their freshly bought merch the hotel will only increase this and more local fans will be pushed out
You think more tourists will come because we will have a hotel?
All it means is rather than spend the night in Ibis or Jury's Inn, they will spend the night spending more of their money at City. Same as folk coming to the concerts at the new arena. Saves all the hassle of getting from town and back pre and post game / concert
And don't knock the freshly bought merch.
When I watch games with my fellow Tampa Bay Blues, I'm usually the only one not wearing official club gear. Currently I contribute nothing to the club financially. It's these "tourists" that are bringing in the money to the club way beyond what local fans are doing (ticket money aside)

Last edited:
  • We will continue our discussions with Metrolink to review frequency of trams and improved service provision.
As part of our proposals the following measures are being explored to make long-term sustainable improvements to transport:
  • Enhanced and expanded Metrolink queue facilities, safely separating queues from circulating crowds.

So point one means they are bashing their heads agaimst a brick wall with the twats running Metrolink. Point two is they don't expect any changes from Metrolink so they will improve the queuing arrangements.

Bloody brilliant!

Ah. RAWK have found out.

They’ve gone from the comments you’d expect, to calling Pep a racist.

What with this and their shite season, it’s enough to drive them to murder..
Well it's not like they haven't got any experience of that ;)

Fuck 'em I say - bunch of jealous plastic cunts. I hope capacity ends up being 1 seat more than what theirs is once that shitty Anfield Road expansion is completed. And the new City Square will clearly shit all over anything those twats can muster!

Family stand to SS3 away fans to SS1 they get pissed on with limited roof with corporate and family above them to make sure they only get pissed on with rain remove the clear section of SS roof allowing sun on the pitch and a deeper roof on NS southern sun comes on pitch anyway and increases the atmosphere

• We will continue our discussions with Metrolink to review frequency of trams and improved service provision.
As part of our proposals the following measures are being explored to make long-term sustainable improvements to transport:
  • Enhanced and expanded Metrolink queue facilities, safely separating queues from circulating crowds.

So point one means they are bashing their heads agaimst a brick wall with the twats running Metrolink. Point two is they don't expect any changes from Metrolink so they will improve the queuing arrangements.

Bloody brilliant!

My understanding was that we have got “computer says no” style responses in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.