North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Every single home game sold out last season apart from Spurs which was rearranged last minute for a Thursday night with prices the same as they were for the original fixture. A lot of these tickets on sale were also returns.

There will always be tickets on sale via the ticket exchange no matter how big the ground is but getting tickets in the original sale period is now extremely difficult especially if you want to get several seats together. We’ve reached the point where even league cup games are selling out alongside sellouts for every CL game and the FA Cup games as well.

City will easily sell out the north stand based on current demand and you’ve even said yourself this weekend that the stand should have been ready now to cope with demand…

There were plenty of tickets left on 3rd party tickets sites. Not all the seats sold out for the CL group stage games.

I’m sure the expanded North stand L2 will sell out. It’s the other parts of the ground and seats that need to be sold when fans relocate to the North stand.

We’re all guessing how the additional 6000 seats will be sold. I’m sure City will come up with something unique and different. ;-) Some people have suggested it may be match day ticket sales only. I can’t see that myself, especially with the current seaon ticket waiting list, which will has got bigger since City won the CL and did the treble.

Regarding tickets coming up for sale on the ticket exchange, though this is usually the case, it certainly didn’t happen for the games against Arsenal, Real, and Chelsea. For there to be no returns is unrealistic, so what did the club do with them? I think we know the answer.

They didn’t for Villa on the last day in 22 either. They secretly sold them off for a higher value imo.

I'm a Gold SC member so it's not a moan because I'm affected. Having been a match going supporter since 1962-63 season I don't need advice from you as to whether I attend matches or not, thanks all the same. If you think that what the club are doing in relation to what I posted is perfectly fine then good for you. I don't.

people do call the site bluemoan for a reason :-D

There were plenty of tickets left on 3rd party tickets sites. Not all the seats were sold for the CL group stage games.

I’m sure the expanded North stand L2 will sell out. It’s the other parts of the ground and seats that need to be sold when fans relocate to the North stand.

We’re all guessing how the additional 6000 seats will be sold. I’m sure City will come up with some unique and different. ;-) Some people have suggested it may be match day ticket sales only. I can’t see that myself, especially with the current seaon ticket waiting list, which will has got bigger since City won the CL and did the treble.

They were officially sold out.

There were hundreds left for the CL final on third party sites also, it doesn’t mean the final wasn’t sold out or hard to get tickets for.

When we built the South Stand third tier a lot of people had the same worries. We’ll carry on growing over time.

The over demand for all the big PL games and big CL games is greater than 6000-7000.

Tbh, I think we’ll have at least 2-3k new season ticket holders with the rest available to members.
I don't doubt our support will keep on growing. I just think the assumption that people's ability/willingness to pay any price will grow with it is a dangerous one, and that the club shouldn't be encouraged in it. The club is not short of money and has a loyal fanbase. We all understand that quality doesn't come for free, but there's a difference between that and taking us for mugs.

Last edited:
They were officially sold out.

There were hundreds left for the CL final on third party sites also, it doesn’t mean the final wasn’t sold out or hard to get tickets for.

You can only go off visible empty seats inside the ground for certain unattractive matches or midweek games, regardless if they those seats sold out first time, and then were put back up for sale on the seat exchange or on 3rd party websites.

It will be interesting to see how City market and sell the 6000 extra seats. Who has first jibs on them. And who their target audience is. For a start, we now have a large and growing Hong Konger support in Manchester after they moved from Hong Kong to settle in Manchester. It’s fair to say many of them have plenty of money.

Last edited:
They are really simple and easy to visualise.

East and West elevations extend out to encompass the spirals, rising above the current 3rd tier to create a 4 tier of around 23000 additional seats,corporate areas,F&B and a total capacity of 85000.

So efficient,we own the land,no disruption to match day operations, synchronises with overall plan and design.

It's smart !!
But will they replace the blue light bulbs on the roof?

They are really simple and easy to visualise.

East and West elevations extend out to encompass the spirals, rising above the current 3rd tier to create a 4 tier of around 23000 additional seats,corporate areas,F&B and a total capacity of 85000.

So efficient,we own the land,no disruption to match day operations, synchronises with overall plan and design.

It's smart !!
no disruption? The process of adding an additional tier normally involves building over the existing roof which is then removed during the close season, many example including our South Stand I doubt this would be easy for the East & CB Stands due to the height of the CableNet roof support structure which sits on top of the spirals

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.