North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

It’s crazy isn’t it. Yet some City fans will still side with the club on this, blinded by their loyalty to the club.

I was looking down from ESL3 during the Huddersfield match and wondering why those missing 1000+ seats still haven’t been put back in for the sake of larger advertising boards. What’s more important to the club, additional revenue from larger advertising boards or 1000+ extra City fans in the ground on a match day?

On the pitch you can’t fault the club, Pep or the team. Off the pitch we really do have to question the way the club is run, and the way they treat the fans, regardless of record revenues and an £80+mill pound profit.

Missing seats, SSL1.

View attachment 103660
You know damned well that those pitch side seats weren't popular as they were too low and had no cover whatsoever, why bring them up once more?

You really think that making 650 seats padded or not will make any real difference to the price of a £350m development? All the details of the plans will be subject to change, they probably have 18 months to decide the final outcome of the design and type of seats / numbers During the south stand development I was invited to a number of fan focus groups, which took place when structural work was already underway. The club were trying to gage opinion on a number of ideas. One popular one was to try and encourage a singing section in the upper tier and give priority to anyone who wanted to move there to be part of a singing section
Where have i said it will make a real difference to the price? It does confirm what the design currently calls for which is hospitality light and was my point in that post.
But this has been covered to death already.

You know damned well that those pitch side seats weren't popular as they were too low and had no cover whatsoever, why bring them up once more?

We were relocated to SS1 on Sunday and had a walk down to the pitch side before the game. Coincidentally we were discussing the absolute awful seats that had been put in and taken out. The view of the pitch must have been terrible!

I did state the Huddersfield match had sold out. I wasn’t questioning that.

I questioned why there were so many empty seats, and there were, all over the ground for such a cheap game, pretty much a family day out, a good kick off time, good weather, etc.

And no, I’m not giving RAWK, the CAF, or any other rival fan forum the ammunition to have a go at us. They already do that anyway.

Just like everyone else I want the Etihd to be full for every match. Because for every City fan that buys a ticket and doesn’t turn up, there is another City who can’t buy a ticket, but would turn up. After all, we’ve got 120,000 fans waiting for a season ticket according to City.
You are doing our fans down AGAIN.

The stadium was sold out well in advance. For any game at any stadium there will be a proportion of people who can’t go, they might be ill, whatever. As we have a high number of season ticket holders who are on the cup schemes through necessity we will always have them.

If we are playing a title decider or a massive match that number will be tiny but for a shite game like Huddersfield the number will be higher and there will be fewer people who want to take that ticket from them at the last minute. No club, not even those you seem to look up to, avoid that problem.

Stop doing our fans down and look at things with a bit more perspective. It’s getting irritating and repetitive.

City will be still here when you’re long gone so don't annoyed or upset. Change happens do you think City have always put their fans first if you do you are living in cloud cuckoo land. My first match I was taken to see was in 1948 and started going to the matches home and away in 1957 when I left school.it cost me all my money because football was not cheap then and believe me they were not bothered about us then and are not now. that's life and you may not believe it but you won't change it. You can get out all the black flags you want, I've been on front line pickets and what did it change nowt. So keep writing on the forums and social media but you can't win.
Unless I’ve read your post wrong, you’re basically saying just give up and accept being priced out? It’s such a defeatist attitude to have.

If it wasn’t for fans standing up for themselves we wouldn’t have got £30 away tickets, safe standing or helped to stop the super league.

Change happens ie thousands of fans get priced out. We should never accept that. Fans have more power then you think

What is that based on? I reckon they would sell out pretty quick if on sale now.

I was in the rows behind the front in block 107. I know the front row was never on sale as they were held back for club staff and ticketing agencies.

The seats that were available to season ticket holders in the row over, as far as I could see, were always full. They did it because the advertising boards make more money than season tickets do.

I did state the Huddersfield match had sold out. I wasn’t questioning that.

I questioned why there were so many empty seats, and there were, all over the ground for such a cheap game, pretty much a family day out, a good kick off time, good weather, etc.

And no, I’m not giving RAWK, the CAF, or any other rival fan forum the ammunition to have a go at us. They already do that anyway.

Just like everyone else I want the Etihd to be full for every match. Because for every City fan that buys a ticket and doesn’t turn up, there is another City who can’t buy a ticket, but would turn up. After all, we’ve got 120,000 fans waiting for a season ticket according to City.
You’ve answered your own question. We’ve got a few thousand supporters that can’t be arsed with certain games - league or cup - and can’t be arsed either listing their ticket or transferring it to friends and family.

There will be hundreds on the cup scheme guaranteeing them for big games and finals later in the season but can’t be arsed with Huddersfield in January.

Sad but true

Unless I’ve read your post wrong, you’re basically saying just give up and accept being priced out? It’s such a defeatist attitude to have.

If it wasn’t for fans standing up for themselves we wouldn’t have got £30 away tickets, safe standing or helped to stop the super league.

Change happens ie thousands of fans get priced out. We should never accept that. Fans have more power then you think
Unfortunately we have such an apathetic fanbase when it comes to issues such as this. I do like the fact that we don’t take ourselves too seriously most of the time unlike certain other fanbases but we’re being hung out to dry on tickets because of it. Fans of other clubs band together in the form of supporters trusts etc and do sometimes manage to get small concessions from their clubs because of it. We however, get nothing.

You’ve answered your own question. We’ve got a few thousand supporters that can’t be arsed with certain games - league or cup - and can’t be arsed either listing their ticket or transferring it to friends and family.

There will be hundreds on the cup scheme guaranteeing them for big games and finals later in the season but can’t be arsed with Huddersfield in January.

Sad but true
I agree with this as well.

Exactly.

Even though Huddersfield was sold out according to the OS there were hundreds of empty seats visible all over the ground. People will say they belonged to no shows, but I don't believe for one second that many City fans wouldn't turn up given the cheap cost of the tickets and the good weather.

As you say, City will have to sell an extra 8000 tickets in 2 years time. City aren't going to sell 8000 tickets at the current PL tickets prices, never mind PL tickets prices in two years time, apart from the big games.
Re Huddersfield. This was included in your season package for hospitality members such as Kits, Joes, Ardwick etc. Quite a few near me didn’t bother, probably as it was a freebie, it was freezing, it was ‘just Huddersfield’, a foregone conclusion and on TV. Still almost 52k however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.