North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

I agree with you on this, there are various demographics amongst our support that could and should be catered for. Young fans, “legacy fans”, those that want to stand and sing and wave flags and banners, those that want to sit and watch quietly and those that want to pay extra for a bit of hospitality, those that want to bring families and those that want to travel in from overseas. We on here are more interested in the atmosphere, the hierarchy at the club are interested in the bottom line. There is a balance to be struck with regards to pricing structure and who has access to season tickets and match day tickets. I just don’t think the club are getting it right at the moment, and long term it could have a detrimental effect on everybody.
It's the club that started the ' legacy fan ' nonsense not the fans

All this rubbish about Maine Road packed every week makes me think most have never been regular attenders.
It's true you never knew what to expect at MR.
Me and my dad used to park on Hart Road off Wilbraham Road, near the Fallowfield pub but some weeks even Wilbraham Rd was already full out of the blue and you knew it was a bumper crowd !

It's the club that started the ' legacy fan ' nonsense not the fans
I know that’s why I said it in inverted commas. By legacy fan I mean the people who have attended for years don’t spend much on the day, watch the match and go home. The club doesn’t like this type of fan because they don’t spend as much money, but you ignore them at your peril, if they all go it all collapses.

I don't go all high and mighty and call my self a legacy fan, as I have said before first match at Maine Road on my dads shoulders in the score board end in 1947 regular attender home and away since 1957 till 1974. then moving to the east coast, could only get 8 to 10 games a season long journey, poor roads.Then managed to get a season card for the City of Manchester Stadium never missing a game at home including cup games at night getting home at 3 to 4 am in the morning. but had to give my season ticket up this season because of poor health, and have to listen to you lot on here moaning about ticket prices, transport when you only live round the corner And I can't get to see my beloved blues live

All this rubbish about Maine Road packed every week makes me think most have never been regular attenders.
Your self blowing trumpet is in the post from Khaldoon....Marahaba !!

Perhaps that's what the '+' is, for those 640 GA+ seats. If you have your York away stub, the seat's all yours.

Unfortunately I didn’t keep my York away ticket. Not only because of it’s sentimental value, because it’s a collectors item and it’s worth some money, but mainly to prove I went to York away. :-)

I don't go all high and mighty and call my self a legacy fan, as I have said before first match at Maine Road on my dads shoulders in the score board end in 1947 regular attender home and away since 1957 till 1974. then moving to the east coast, could only get 8 to 10 games a season long journey, poor roads.Then managed to get a season card for the City of Manchester Stadium never missing a game at home including cup games at night getting home at 3 to 4 am in the morning. but had to give my season ticket up this season because of poor health, and have to listen to you lot on here moaning about ticket prices, transport when you only live round the corner And I can't get to see my beloved blues live

I’ve never called myself a legacy fan either. As others have pointed out, the club are calling us legacy fans. Or a G fan. Or a G+ fan, which I might try and become one day. ;-) How about the club just call us City fans? We don’t need to be divided and categorised by G, G+ , etc. Just a City fan will do. Thank you City marketing department.

No MR wasn’t always full, the numerous videos of matches in the past at MR prove that.

But when City went down into the 3rd division.

City's average attendance in the 1998/99 season was a remarkable 28,261, while their sizeable travelling support were a boost to coffers of clubs all over the division. "We broke records everywhere we went," Royle recalled. "Clubs welcomed us with open arms and then set about trying to beat us.

MR‘s capacity at the time was 32,500.

Gary James.

IMG_0182.png

That’s not to shabby for a team that was in the 3rd division, was struggling for the 1st part of the season, was mid table after the York City defeat, and when football was on it’s arse due to the hooligans ;-) and all the trouble.

It's true you never knew what to expect at MR.
Me and my dad used to park on Hart Road off Wilbraham Road, near the Fallowfield pub but some weeks even Wilbraham Rd was already full out of the blue and you knew it was a bumper crowd !
Us older fans started going by bus. We couldnt afford programmes so never had vouchers from them required to qualify for the big all ticket games even with 50-60k+ attendances when the average was nearer 30k.

We were all scoreboard end, pay at the gate fans who watched the crap games - yep, I was one of the the Swindon 8k crowd. Now as a FOC living far outside Manchester, even as a member of a supporters club, my only realistic way of a direct purchase for a match day ticket at the Etihad is by way of a hospitality package plus travel costs to Manchester. It has been that way for years and easier to watch away games.

I watched City from all parts Maine Road. Platt Lane was dead apart from Helen's bell, main stand full of moaners with the others good on their day. The days of Gene Kelly gave atmosphere a boost.

The Etihad is a great stadium. The North Stand development will be a great addition to raise it to elite status to match the team. Of course the matchday experience and atmosphere is at the heart of attending a game. As one who attended away games at the likes of Oxford, Wycombe and at home v Stockport, I would not swap.

I am delighted that the North Stand will be an extended 2 tier. I agree about making it fan friendly however what is to say that those at the front of tier 2 should have a privileged position over others without paying a premium? Singing auditions? Why should they ever move away in the future?

No-one disagrees with the sentiments of creating a better atmosphere. How long before it becomes an entitled privilege for those fans to have the best seats if there is no differentiation? Solutions for some parties creates problems for others. City is a business that needs to resolve the dilemma between economics and conflicting interests.

Me? I am in favour of anything that improves the matchday atmosphere/experience. Our owners have bought unprecedented success. If you do not like it then withdraw your support. Personally as a long standing supporter, there is nothing I would take as better than has been given by our owners from any other football club.

You only have to compare MCFC and CFG with the rags and their owners.

We must continue to trust that we are in good hands and accept you aint gonna please everyone and no solutions are perfect. By all means make views known.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.