North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Well said, I had a few snarky comments because I can’t get to the vast majority of home games as a pensioner that lives on the south coast, but I supported City during the lean years and shouted for Swailes to go along with the true Blues. Without that we might not have even had a club to sell any more
Well said sir! I am doffing my hat to you as i write........I will join the ranks of 'pensioners' in June of this year and hope to retire in June 2025!

Well said, I had a few snarky comments because I can’t get to the vast majority of home games as a pensioner that lives on the south coast, but I supported City during the lean years and shouted for Swailes to go along with the true Blues. Without that we might not have even had a club to sell any more
Mate Feck Em !! I live a mile and half away and can't go because of health reasons, I'm 66 know and hoping to one day attend again, I was there in the late 60s' and never missed a game except abroad in the 70s, 80s and 90s.
I was stood proudly shoulder to shoulder with you blue and many thousands of others, we earnt our stripes mate and snide comments can't take them away.

Last edited:
It's funny, one term I've grown to hate is 'legacy' fan,usually used with an air of superiority. One thing they always go on about though is attracting younger fans without realising many younger fans want a different experience than we had in our younger days stood on a cold wet kippax. Many of the things they moan about are things younger fans want and expect from a match going experience.
My grandson is 9 and has been going to dirty Lids since the age of 6....up,down,down,up.

The singing,chanting and atmosphere is THE most enjoyable part of the day cos there is no 'kids matchday experience', it comes from the atmosphere !!

My grandson is 9 and has been going to dirty Lids since the age of 6....up,down,down,up.

The singing,chanting and atmosphere is THE most enjoyable part of the day cos there is no 'kids matchday experience', it comes from the atmosphere !!
you better stay in the concourse if you like the singing and chanting. Me I like watching football.

Reading comments on here and the expansion thread. Would we have been better creating an exhibit centre instead of the Arena and then down the line turning the stadium into an Arena and building a new stadium with a higher capacity 100,000 instead of 60,000 -70,000 ?

Reading comments on here and the expansion thread. Would we have been better creating an exhibit centre instead of the Arena and then down the line turning the stadium into an Arena and building a new stadium with a higher capacity 100,000 instead of 60,000 -70,000 ?

We’ve got Manchester Central or GMEX as us FOC’s still remember it. Event City has now gone, so you could argue another large exhibition venue in Manchester could be busy and viable. Birmingham has the NEC which pretty much hoovers up all the big national exhibitions. London has Earls Court. I sincerely hope whatever is planned for the Collar site is more interesting and exciting than an exhibition centre.

Last edited:
We’ve got Manchester Central or GMEX as us FOC’s still remember it. Even City has now gone, so you could argue another large exhibition venue in Manchester could be busy and viable. Birmingham has the NEC which pretty much hoovers up all the big national exhibitions. London has Earls Court. I sincerely hope whatever is planned for the Collar site is more interesting and exciting than an exhibition centre.
100k new stadium would have been more exciting than any expansion and the Etihad would make as good arena if not better than COOP therefore more exciting

100k new stadium would have been more exciting than any expansion and the Etihad would make as good arena if not better than COOP therefore more exciting

A new 65,000 capacity stadium costs over £1billion. We don’t need a new 100,000 capacity stadium. We’d never fill it. Putting a retractable roof on the Etihad stadium and fitting it out into an indoor arena would cost £100millions. I know Sheikh Mansour is rich, but even he couldn’t justify spending £1.5 bill on a new stadium and converting the Etihad into an indoor arena.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.