North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

I think once the NS is completed that will be the stadium finished. I’m not saying forever, but certainly for the majority of our lifetimes. Once the NS expansion is completed, including the hotel, fanzone, etc, City will move on to the Collar site proposal. It really wouldn’t surprise me if plans were already in place and signed off by Sheikh Mansour so it’s ready to go in 3 to 4 years time. The Collar site will probably be the last piece of the Etihad Campus jigsaw unless there are plans to do something with the back car parks?

But how will they constructionwash their filthy oil money then, if that's where they stop?

I think once the NS is completed that will be the stadium finished. I’m not saying forever, but certainly for the majority of our lifetimes. Once the NS expansion is completed, including the hotel, fanzone, etc, City will move on to the Collar site proposal. It really wouldn’t surprise me if plans were already in place and signed off by Sheikh Mansour so it’s ready to go in 3 to 4 years time. The Collar site will probably be the last piece of the Etihad Campus jigsaw unless there are plans to do something with the back car parks?

I think it depends on what can be done with the side stands. If there's an opportunity to increase revenues substantially through further development then they'll explore it. It doesn't necessarily mean a huge number of additional seats, but potentially providing the infrastructure to get more cash in or provide the facilities for multi-sport events to capitalise on that market. You have NFL and MLB going to London for events, you'd imagine our owners would like to try and tap into that commercial revenue as a northern base.

But it all depends on the feasibility and logistics. If our revenue is far below our competition I can't see them standing still even if it costs a fortune in the short term to catch up.

I think it depends on what can be done with the side stands. If there's an opportunity to increase revenues substantially through further development then they'll explore it. It doesn't necessarily mean a huge number of additional seats, but potentially providing the infrastructure to get more cash in or provide the facilities for multi-sport events to capitalise on that market. You have NFL and MLB going to London for events, you'd imagine our owners would like to try and tap into that commercial revenue as a northern base.

But it all depends on the feasibility and logistics. If our revenue is far below our competition I can't see them standing still even if it costs a fortune in the short term to catch up.
Spurs get NFL games as the stadium was built to be easily converted. The same reason they bizarrely have boxing on in winter and still protect the pitch.

West Ham get baseball games due to the ridiculous shape of the playing area on their pitch.

City cant do anything with the pitch space so hardly any advantage in developing east and west stands bar a small increase in capacity.

Far too expensive for too little gain- as JRB states - the NS will be final capacity increase.

Wasn't there mention of the existing roofs being in worse condition than expected for their age, spotted when doing the South Stand, and therefore will need attention? Or did I make that up?

Wasn't there mention of the existing roofs being in worse condition than expected for their age, spotted when doing the South Stand, and therefore will need attention? Or did I make that up?
Yes your right ! Something to do with a plywood sound muting layer in between the roof roting away ! Not incorporated in the new North Stand expansion or the South Stand roof !

Spurs get NFL games as the stadium was built to be easily converted. The same reason they bizarrely have boxing on in winter and still protect the pitch.

West Ham get baseball games due to the ridiculous shape of the playing area on their pitch.

City cant do anything with the pitch space so hardly any advantage in developing east and west stands bar a small increase in capacity.

Far too expensive for too little gain- as JRB states - the NS will be final capacity increase.

The recent comments from some of the directors suggest that.

If you minus the additional cost of the hotel, fan zone, souvenir store, museum, offices, etc, the cost of the actual NS expansion would have been relatively cheap in comparison..

Whereas expanding either the ES or/and the CBS would be a lot more expensive.

I think people forget how long, deep and curved the 3rd tiers are, and how big and complex the roofs are above each side stand.

Yes , so if that suggests those roofs need replacement whatever happens, then maybe they would look at adding seats at that time, would be silly to replace the roof and then look at adding seats as that would mean the roof coming off again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.