North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

As you say, it was strange to include it in the NS planning application. Saying that, the descriptions of the buildings which would have been included with the numbers have been removed.

View attachment 104523

Pure guess work. No 3’s shape looks like an indoor (sports) arena, a convention centre, or a leisure destination of sorts. As for 4, nothing springs to mind going off the shape.
There’s a lot of trees being planted looking at that plan. I reckon the graphic artist got a bit bored.

There’s a lot of trees being planted looking at that plan. I reckon the graphic artist got a bit bored.

3 sample trees have already been planted outside the ES entrance. I posted a picture of them on the Etihad Campus thread. I’m guessing the trees are going to be planted to soften and to breakup the Etihad stadium and the proposed development on the Collar site.

Manchester City Arena Tree Planting Scheme​

Working together with our client, Manchester City Football club, the team at idverde created a pilot tree planting scheme which will provide multiple green benefits to the Etihad stadium.

IMG_0247.jpeg

Once the initial list had been finalised, we invited MCFC to join us at the Hillers nursery to hand pick their favourite trees that they thought to work best on their site.

3 sample trees have already been planted outside the ES entrance. I posted a picture of them on the Etihad Campus thread. I’m guessing the trees are going to be planted to soften and to breakup the Etihad stadium and the proposed development on the Collar site.
It was more the ones along ATW and Ashton Rd that caught my eye. Just hope they survive better than the ones in the central reservation near the Coop. They’re pretty much dead.

Reactions: jrb
As you say, it was strange to include it in the NS planning application. Saying that, the descriptions of the buildings which would have been included with the numbers have been removed.

View attachment 104523

Pure guess work. No 3’s shape looks like an indoor (sports) arena, a convention centre, or a leisure destination of sorts. As for 4, nothing springs to mind going off the shape.
The other pic the cgi type one number three looks light up a bit like a stadium wrap so could fit ?

It was more the ones along ATW and Ashton Rd that caught my eye. Just hope they survive better than the ones in the central reservation near the Coop. They’re pretty much dead.

Yeah, those trees are basically dead and have been for years. They look shit, but look even shitter against the backdrop of the new £375mill Coop Live Arena.

A while back I sent a Tweet/X to Bev Craig and Pat Karney highlighting this along with some pictures. Neither of them replied, which is no surprise.

Hopefully the dead trees will be replaced with something else before the Coop Live Arena opens? I'm not holding my breath as MCC are fucking useless at public realm and it's upkeep.

If anyone is interested, I'm posting my city centre construction update pictures I took last Sunday, today, tomorrow and on Monday, when I get the time, on the Manchester Changing skyline thread.(off topic) The first set will be posted in a few minutes. :-) Making a cup of tea first.

Manchester City Arena Tree Planting Scheme​

Working together with our client, Manchester City Football club, the team at idverde created a pilot tree planting scheme which will provide multiple green benefits to the Etihad stadium.

View attachment 104545

Once the initial list had been finalised, we invited MCFC to join us at the Hillers nursery to hand pick their favourite trees that they thought to work best on their site.

The Council will come along and TPO them. Great planting trees, but you want it somewhere that won't undermine future development.

View attachment 104523

I would put money on one of these maybe depends if they make a underground car park. Its a mobilty hub fancy word for multistorey car park.

1705747973099.png
I also think one of these for number 3 will be the following

International Conference and Exhibition space
6,320 sq m of world class exhibition space.

17 suites attracting corporate and trade conferences ranging from 40 to 900 delegates.
1705748484432.png

4 and the unnumbered area think it will be a cinema and bars and restaurants and entertainment area, box park development

The rest of the surrounding area will be flats etc so they create this kind of vibe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.