North Stand Expansion

Investing £150m in a new stand to then charge £300 season tickets for an Elite team is never gonna happen. Would take 100 years for the stand to pay for itself at those levels.

It’s delusional to think City will offer tickets for £15 a game for a whole stand to see the best team in the world.

And as was mentioned earlier in the thread - if in some fantasy utopia land City did build a new stand and offered tickets at a level similar to what non league fans pay - then all that would happen is existing seasoncard holders would move and leave their more expensive empty seats empty.
First off, it wouldn't cost £150 million. Secondly, nobody is claiming every seat would be at £300 (if anyone is then they're idiots). The return on costs won't be purely down to selling season tickets in it. Sponsorship and other events will bring in additional income.

No doubt that existing season ticket holders would move there but absolutely zero chance that the expensive seats left empty would remain so.

And Spurs stadium cost over a billion ?

I wouldn’t take any notice of comparison to what Everton’s stadium costs - it will look like a budget stadium. They have hproblems with an owner that wants out in the middle of a half a billion build.

Doesn’t really matter what the overall costs will be anyway. It’s been mothballed and won’t be happening anytime soon.
From all accounts it hasn't been mothballed, they'll proceed once the arena is finished. It's purely down to logistics I believe.

they are random mate, hence i can buy the seat . you are right though , i might speak to the club. just that my idea kills it dead. i could sell it for big games and make them swap with my grandson . he won't stand up .
Why not just swap your grandson's seat and put him there? He won't stand up and will feel a bit independent sat on "his own".

1. Yes, £1bill, give or take.
2. Mothballed. I'll take your word on that.
3. So you think Everton's stadium will be a budget stadium? OK!
4. That's an appropriate and great username.
I promise you it is chaos behind the scenes at Everton and the stadium is a problem they don’t need.
Lucky for them they might just stay up as if they had gone down it would have been carnage.

First off, it wouldn't cost £150 million. Secondly, nobody is claiming every seat would be at £300 (if anyone is then they're idiots). The return on costs won't be purely down to selling season tickets in it. Sponsorship and other events will bring in additional income.

No doubt that existing season ticket holders would move there but absolutely zero chance that the expensive seats left empty would remain so.
My post was actually responding to several posts on this thread advising the club to knock out season tickets for the whole stand at £100 and £300. This is fantasy.

Others are suggesting the club to build a one tier stand - ie rip out the Executive Boxes already in the North Stand and replace them with £100 - £300 seasoncards !

The project is mothballed. Maybe it will be resurrected in the future after the Arena is completed, but that won’t happen until there is demand for an extra 6000 tickets. The last stand was built when there were big waiting lists but it’s just not there at the moment.

Loads of exciting things happening around the Arena which will make a huge transformation. But a new stand won’t be built unless demand increases drastically.

I promise you it is chaos behind the scenes at Everton and the stadium is a problem they don’t need.
Lucky for them they might just stay up as if they had gone down it would have been carnage.

Everton’s problems behind the scenes are well documented.

As for the new state of the art stadium being a problem compared to Goodison Park, located in that location and setting next to the River Murky, I don’t see that as a problem at all. Completely the opposite. Even though it will burden Everton financially for the near future. Counter balanced by a large rise in stadium and match day revenues. There will be an extra 14,000 Evertonians who will be able to watch Everton. 53,000+ capacity.

Last edited:
My post was actually responding to several posts on this thread advising the club to knock out season tickets for the whole stand at £100 and £300. This is fantasy.

why would that be fantasy? They could easily do that. They’ve already done it in ss3. £300 season tickets could happen

Just throwing this question out there - would you rather they just expand the north stand into maybe one stand or we get a "refresh" of the whole stadium. I have seen mixed opinion on this since they are gonna redevelop the area outside in general so u might as well do everything? Lots of different factors to consider - think we earn the least in match-day income in the big six too. Material cost is a big factor too, as other people mentioned.

Just throwing this question out there - would you rather they just expand the north stand into maybe one stand or we get a "refresh" of the whole stadium. I have seen mixed opinion on this since they are gonna redevelop the area outside in general so u might as well do everything? Lots of different factors to consider - think we earn the least in match-day income in the big six too. Material cost is a big factor too, as other people mentioned.
Definitely work with what we’ve got (which seems to be what we’re doing, but with an emphasis on improving the match day experience, the indoor arena will help with a pre/post match pint, staggering arrivals & might encourage better transport links. It’s hard to see how the redevelopment of the NS goes ahead without major disruption, the covid era was a good time to get it done I suppose. I’m not interested in retracting roofs, giant screens above the pitch or any other gimmicks, more a return to a traditional/old school stadium, so definitely a one tier NS, they can even stick some corporate boxes pitch side as long as that means a single tier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.