North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

The next floor of the hotel they pour will be significantly higher than the one poured just now, there will be a bit of a jump in height. After that I imagine there will be a lesser finish on the columns and the lower floor height could see the remaining floors go up a bit faster than the first two.

The next floor of the hotel they pour will be significantly higher than the one poured just now, there will be a bit of a jump in height. After that I imagine there will be a lesser finish on the columns and the lower floor height could see the remaining floors go up a bit faster than the first two.

Will they all be concrete floors/pillars for the hotel and is this what they do vs say a commercial block where it’s mostly steel frame work?

Will they all be concrete floors/pillars for the hotel and is this what they do vs say a commercial block where it’s mostly steel frame work?

I can't confidently remember now. I have a recollection of thinking and maybe saying they would both be full concrete and only the linking pieces to the towers would be steel. I think that's what will happen, but am not completely sure without checking back.

Addition. I think it would make sense for both the wings to be concrete. Amongst other things to avoid different settlement and tolerances, particularly on the etfe roof frame that spans between the two.

It's reinforced concrete frame for the hotel and commercial building, with the link bridges to the North Stand from them being steel.

Just been past and a couple of guys were in a mobile crane at the top of the west tower giving it a proper look over.

Blue cones out, 3pm press conference booked, transfer imminent. ;). Someone watch the planes!

Just been past and a couple of guys were in a mobile crane at the top of the west tower giving it a proper look over.

For me, the key with this has always been in the overlaps. The more separate teams you can have doing things at the same time, the quicker it goes. Which was why I thought they'd go into the transfer straight off the back of the end of the season.

Let's ignore for a minute the fact there is a whole new hotel being built to the side, that's almost its own thing happening. Say for example they do the cable transfer first. They can then follow it by having the piling contractors back, the steel guys doing the middle section, and the strip/demolition of the existing, all simultaneously. If they do it any other way, they can only do 2 of the 3 at the same time, the middle steel bit and the demo. The piling guys are locked out, they can only tap back in once the back cables are out the way. Even when you watch the demolition, they aren't focusing on one side, they are doing everything in bits. If anything, it is the opposite side, close to the east tower that is further ahead.

But it does now feel like they are gearing up for it on the westren tower. Maybe they'll get the props on to that part of the roof, and they'll wait for that to happen first, but the anchor itself now has access to it. They still need to build the new frame to clamp it too and the tension rods, so there is likely still a good week or two in it at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.