North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

The clamp is in!

As previously highlighted below.

View attachment 122716

And highlighed now.

The new back cables/rods are harder to see amongst it all, but highlighted below, look for the arrow. Easier to see in the second image. So it Was that in failsworrh's earlier photos!

View attachment 122717View attachment 122718

The loose strapping to the eyelet above will be temporary.

The back cables are still in place, so the transfer itself hasn't happened yet. Whoever does that bit of the operation better have some Stones big balls.
Nice job again, it makes sense of how they're doing it now.

The clamp is in!

As previously highlighted below.

View attachment 122716

And highlighed now.

The new back cables/rods are harder to see amongst it all, but highlighted below, look for the arrow. Easier to see in the second image. So it Was that in failsworrh's earlier photos!

View attachment 122717View attachment 122718

The loose strapping to the eyelet above will be temporary.

The back cables are still in place, so the transfer itself hasn't happened yet. Whoever does that bit of the operation better have some Stones big balls.

Superb engineering. The clamp in particular is a very clever solution. Let’s hope we can get some footage of the load transfer.

Superb engineering. The clamp in particular is a very clever solution. Let’s hope we can get some footage of the load transfer.

You can see, on the floor of the platform to the left, the top (or bottom) plate of the clamp to be fitten on with the bolt holes etc btw.

I wonder how much of the original anchor will be cut away? Once the load is transferred, most of the original steel ‘top piece’ will become redundant.

Had that same thought previously. Really, just the one angled triangular plane is all that is 'origiginal' any more, and even that up to the new bolted connection plate. When mocking up that gif some pages back, I highlighted this, to say no idea how what the finished thing will look and just shown the most 'extreme' version to distinguish from the existing.

Still keeping an eye on the base level bracing of the middle bit. I just don't see how that stays there, particularly the middle front bay, at ground level. Hoping someone else weighs in. The other A shaped back to front, while I think it would be a bit disappointing to see (a central column would have imo been less of an issue) doesn't really interfere with anything as such at the scale of that space. But the middle bay to the front is bang on where the main doors are!

Got some new close up footage of the clamp etc i took this morning , just waiting for it to upload so should be on within an hour or so

I wonder how much of the original anchor will be cut away? Once the load is transferred, most of the original steel ‘top piece’ will become redundant.

Really good close-ups, and what is even better is seeing people next to it, that really puts the scale into perspective.

If you look at just the round connection to the back rod, next to the guy's head, you see how big all this is in reality (circled in neon green).

1000018850.jpg

Tailspin, I wouldn't be surprised if everything in that 'hole' went with the pier. This does sit within a riser and is the open top of it, so doubt they'd want big bits of steel in if they can do away with them. The other thing worth noting, the new rods and clamp presumably don't just take the roof and ring cable loads, I would assume they also hold the pier in tension till it is removed, as there is nothing else propping it in place.

For more appreciation of scale and the guys working there, you can see the guys on the roof, and ths size of sheets they are lifing up. At one point at around 7.15mins in you see the jolt the guy in the mewp gets when it moves. He spends the best part of his day up and down in that thing. And then the guys operating the cranes, and the sway they have up there, some nerve. Round of applause for all those guys, from me.

As promised

Great update thanks
Would it be possible to have a look at the tunnel to the left (as you look from the stadium) of the gasometer please? Interested to see if the club bought the land if it could be used for access to the carpark Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.