North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

Ha!

Just been approached by an aggressive security steward at the Coop Live Arena, Canal Side, because I was taking pictures of it. CCTV have been watching me. The aggressive steward wanted to know why I was taking pictures. You can imagine my reaction and my response.

Welcome to the Coop Live Arena.

Linkedin is worth keeping an eye on. There are always plenty of pictures taken by people inside the Etihad who are attending seminars, events, doing the stadium tour over the Summer months that will show the roof being taken apart from inside the Etihad.

Davey Jones.

View attachment 123170

Zoomed in on the picture via my iPad. The pictures get slightly blurred.

View attachment 123171

Does anyone know what the yellow platforms are for?

View attachment 123172

The Stadium Business.(event)

View attachment 123173

View attachment 123174

I suppose that's why catweazle was sniffing about knicking all our idea's.

Ha!

Just been approached by an aggressive security steward at the Coop Live Arena, Canal Side, because I was taking pictures of it. CCTV have been watching me. The aggressive steward wanted to know why I was taking pictures. You can imagine my reaction and my response.

After what happened at the AO Arena security have to be especially vigilant. Dangerous individuals often visit their targeted locations first to take photos and videos in order to identify any weaknesses within the infrastructure. Good to see they were doing their job well.

Ha!

You should get am AO Arena fluorescent jacket to wear

After what happened at the AO Arena security have to be especially vigilant. Dangerous individuals often visit their targeted locations first to take photos and videos in order to identify any weaknesses within the infrastructure. Good to see they were doing their job well.

It's not about him doing his job. I know what a security guards job is. It was his aggressive manner and the way he spoke to me, shouting at me from the other end of the canal side. If he wanted to speak to me in person, he should have come up to me, spoken to me, and I would have told him what I was doing. In the end I did and he was OK about it.

The access gate on Joe Mercer Way to the canal side was open. There are no signs not to go on to the canal side or to take pictures.of the canal side or the arena. If there were signs I wouldn't have gone on to the canal side and taken pictures.

As far as I'm aware the Etihad Campus is open to the general public. That obviously doesn't include the area around the Coop Live Arena.

As somebody who has taken pictures of construction in the city centre for decades, and at City, starting with the CFA, I'm fully aware of what the trespassing rules are, which I don't break.

I always ask a security guard if I can take pictures, if there is a security guard there. If there isn't a security guard I will always take pictures from outside the construction site.

Don't worry, I won't be going on the canal side again.

Took loads of North stand pictures today. I'll.post them tonight or tomorrow morning.

Back to topic.

Last edited:
It's not about him doing his job. I know what a security guards job is. It was his aggressive manner and the way he spoke to me, shouting at me from the other end of the canal side. If he wanted to speak.to.me in person, he should have come up to me, spoken to me, and I would have told him what I was doing. In the end he I did, and he was OK about it.

The access gate on Joe Mercer Way to the canal side was open. There are no signs not to go on to the canal side or to take pictures.of the canal side or the arena. If there were signs I wouldn't have gone on to the canal side and taken pictures.

As far as I'm aware the Etihad Campus is open to the general.public. That obviously doesn't include the area around the Coop Live Arena.

As somebody who has taken pictures of construction in the city centre for decades, and at City, starting with the CFA, I'm fully aware of what the trespassing rules are, which I don't break.

I always ask a security guard if I can take pictures, if there is a security guard there. If there isn't a security guard I will always take pictures from outside the construction site.

Took loads of North stand pictures today. I'll.post them tonight or tomorrow morning.

Back to topic.
Keep up the great work is all I've got to say

It's not about him doing his job. I know what a security guards job is. It was his aggressive manner and the way he spoke to me, shouting at me from the other end of the canal side. If he wanted to speak to me in person, he should have come up to me, spoken to me, and I would have told him what I was doing. In the end I did and he was OK about it.

As far as I'm aware the Etihad Campus is open to the general.public. That obviously doesn't include the area around the Coop Live Arena.

Back to topic.

Just making other readers aware rather than yourself. :)

Does sound like they have approached the situation differently.

This may have already been.posted and discussed? If not.

The (first) load transfer of the roof support cables on the right hand stanchion has been completed. The right hand stanchion no longer supports that side of the NS roof.

Tried to get as close to the top as I could, but my mobile can only zoom in so far.

PXL-20240623-113552679-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-113612920-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-113626907-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-113803340-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-113526874-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240623-114100881-MP-2.jpg

Zoomed in screen grab.

Screenshot-20240623-132435-3.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.