North Stand Expansion | Configuration plans revealed by club (p 1285)

I’ve replied to the consultation giving an overwhelming’YES’ to all aspects.

On the transport front. If the club put free buses on every match taking fans into the City Centre and on each arterial route a few miles away, would this not appeal to quite a few?
- would likely reduce the number of early leavers
- immediately reduces traffic around the ground
- creates fewer traffic congestion areas
- reduces impact on local community
- reduces carbon emissions
- potentially generates new income strands at private car parks
- obviously this would have to be balanced against car crime increases in these areas but on site security would alleviate some of that

Transport is definitely one of the biggest blockers, so getting that right is essential. Other than that, exciting times ahead.

The transport to /from Maine Rd was better.

Backed up buses from Aytoun St ,Belle Vue etc + private coaches (Maynes,Fieldsends,Finglands, Claribel etc ) from all over Manchester and surrounding towns.

Final whistle to Crown Point 40 minutes.
Crowd was half the size from 1983 onwards. Not only that but life didn’t seem to revolve around getting home as quickly as possible and yet we were always going out that night…

I've not read all the postings about this. Received a link to the consultation document and just finished filling it in. On paper it looks great but before they even think about carrying it out they really need to get the transport infrastructure sorted out. I've stressed a couple of times about the seriously dangerous overcrowding on the trams. No matter how often they say they are trying to get people to stay longer, thus staggering leaving times it won't really work, in my humble opinion.

Half price pints sold 5 mins after the final whistle…. That’ll fix it.

Not sure, I guess your journey is similar to mine, unless it's a late kick off which we don't often do, if we are driving home straight after a game recently we've found hanging around and getting a drink is prefferable to sitting in the car and traffic to get away and we don't find we get home any later really, that should be even more the case with all the new facilities at the campus. Of course that's dependant on being able to find somewher to park in the first place.

I do that too… just wait 20 / 30 mins or so and it’s heaps better and you get home not that much later.… and less stressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.