North Stand Expansion

I'm all for reasonably priced SCs. I'm in the mid section of SS3 and it is great value. I'm just stating what I believe the club's position is and that is to reduce the overall number of SC holders and to have as many people as possible paying sky high match day prices.

I agree with what you’re saying mate, but if they want sky high ticket or season ticket prices do it elsewhere in the ground. Make all other areas of level 2 corporate (going that way either way). Just keep this 7,000 capacity area as normal pricing and lots of season ticket holders.

I just think it would be a wasted opportunity. It’s a great chance to create something unique and give pep the atmosphere that he wants.

If seasoncards actually start at £750 in the new second tier then as far as the club is concerned it's a steal. It works out at £39.47 for each and every league game. How many games will have match day pricing starting anywhere near that? The answer is none.

Pricing won't be comparable to SS3 because it will be all level 2, albeit a very large level 2. The whole thrust at the moment is to reduce the overall number of SCs. Next summer will be the third consecutive year that no new SCs will have been released so all non-renewals are now match day sales.
What makes you think they're trying to reduce the number of STs? They've certainly not done that previously have they?

Have there been many non-renewals and if so how do you know they haven't been passed on to next on the list? If none have been released is that not due to the fact that we've got one of the highest percentages of STs in the PL?

What makes you think they're trying to reduce the number of STs? They've certainly not done that previously have they?

Have there been many non-renewals and if so how do you know they haven't been passed on to next on the list? If none have been released is that not due to the fact that we've got one of the highest percentages of STs in the PL?
No new SCs were issued last year or this. At the end of the renewals period there would normally by a very short window for any non-renewed seats to be made available to all eligible members (there isn't actually a waiting list as such). This never happened last year or this so SCs not renewed went to match day sales.

I've been thinking recently that the club may have been quietly reducing numbers previously. There is no chance that all SCs are renewed so say there were 2000 that weren't. The club could have made 1000 available but kept the rest for match day only. Nobody, including the CM SC rep, knows how many there are so the club can do exactly as it wishes. From a commercial aspect SCs are a loser for the club. They have no problem selling expensive match day tickets so why let them go for a far lower amount, especially for the top games?

No new SCs were issued last year or this. At the end of the renewals period there would normally by a very short window for any non-renewed seats to be made available to all eligible members (there isn't actually a waiting list as such). This never happened last year or this so SCs not renewed went to match day sales.

I've been thinking recently that the club may have been quietly reducing numbers previously. There is no chance that all SCs are renewed so say there were 2000 that weren't. The club could have made 1000 available but kept the rest for match day only. Nobody, including the CM SC rep, knows how many there are so the club can do exactly as it wishes. From a commercial aspect SCs are a loser for the club. They have no problem selling expensive match day tickets so why let them go for a far lower amount, especially for the top games?
Surely the last two seasons would be due to the NS expansion plans as they have to temporarily at least move a lot of ST holders?

The 2,000 & 1,000 numbers are obviously just made up numbers as you admit we have no idea either way. I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that they'll make a large proportion of the expanded 2nd tier affordable STs, with probable caveats on them as regards usage. If they don't get used a certain percentage then you'll lose it.

Reactions: CC1
Surely the last two seasons would be due to the NS expansion plans as they have to temporarily at least move a lot of ST holders?

The 2,000 & 1,000 numbers are obviously just made up numbers as you admit we have no idea either way. I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that they'll make a large proportion of the expanded 2nd tier affordable STs, with probable caveats on them as regards usage. If they don't get used a certain percentage then you'll lose it.
Firstly, when the SS was being extended only a small number of people were relocated from the back of SS2. Obviously it's a different build for the NS but I've not seen any reference to thousands of people being moved for that.

We have a different view of how the club are working but I hope that you are right for the sake of all those supporters who currently have no chance of getting a SC. I'd remind you of what the club is capable of though. When renewals opened after COVID they very kindly offered SC holders the option of a Silver Enhanced Ticket Bundle (it wasn't a SC in my view). What they didn't say was that it was a one way trip with no route back to Gold. It was instead sold as an option if you were struggling financially and wanted a cheaper option. That was disgraceful in my opinion. A poster said that he and his wife took the option as they had a lot of expenses with their sick dog but the following season when they tried to go back to Gold they were told it wasn't possible. Another poster said they were assured they could go back to Gold but fortunately they never took up the Silver option.

A proper home end means everything to us but sadly nothing at all to Soriano and Khaldoon
Really?? BTW what’s a “proper” home end? I’m sure there will be 20,000 different opinions amongst our fans depending on many things such as:

Length of time they’ve been a ST holder ( - 45 years for me & I have very different view of the club to you)

Personality

Etc etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.