North Stand Expansion

Not criticising the gate or no shows. It was just a pity there were so many empty seats when City fans who wanted to go couldn’t get a ticket because it was sold out on the OS.

It is a pity but in the grand scheme of things I doubt too many missed out. Loads of families there which showed a lot of the usual attendees had sold tickets on.

This thread can become feisty, but we all want a cracking atmosphere. I don't think we will ever change the fact that some games will be loud and others less so. It's the nature of football in England.

With the ticketing fiasco for Real Madrid I genuinely felt the club may have cost us that game in pursuit of more revenue. In fact it was buzzing and most stayed until the end.

FA Cup semi finals at Wembley always lead to a general bemoaning of it not being at Villa Park and a lot of blues saving money for the final. Imagine that a decade or so ago, not a chance people would skip a trip to Wembley train strikes included!

The hard-core loyal fans of old could generally still go. We still have a relatively cheap season ticket compared to others and considering our quality and success. 9,000 blues in a single tier with 600 more expensive seats (potentially) is a pretty good compromise. It could have been the other way around! There's a chance to make this work if people get on board. It's the last chance.

I've no idea but that is exactly what you've done?

Anyway, I'm not sure having the same discussions again are adding to the thread so I'll bow out of the thread.
No I didn’t copy your post and if I did I would like you to show me or, apologise for accusing me of “exactly doing so”

You asked me why you mentioned “price” so I copied your post where you mentioned “price” in answer

View attachment 103694
Going off your previous posts i'm not sure if you are being serious now. I clearly said 'where have i said it will make a real difference to the price' in relation to padded seats. All you appear to have done Is found a post of mine with the word price in it and then copied and pasted that with nothing else but tha and then denied copying the quote?
To be clear padded seats wont make any real difference to the price, and I've never said any different.

Anyway I'm definitely leaving the thread this time as I'm not adding anything to the discussion that hasn't been done in detail already. :-)

My mate didn’t come. He’s been following City since the 50s, as big a blue as you can get. He’s had an operation recently and is struggling to walk and decided to watch on the telly. He’s not arsed about getting ten or twenty quid for it, especially as he’s not great on the internet or his phone.

I am sick of people who don’t attend any other matches making out that our fanbase is somehow inferior to anyone else’s because they read it from some teenage armchair fan on Twitter.
Great post,
I'm a season card holder in East3 , full of a cold Sunday, too late to sell it so missed my first game in about 5 years and watched it on TV staying warm.
Might have been tempted coughing and spluttering had it have been a more attractive opponent.Under the circumstances 52k was a great turn out considering City don't make it easy to buy a ticket for new customers. Looked like most of the gaps were in corporate from the TV.

It is a pity but in the grand scheme of things I doubt too many missed out. Loads of families there which showed a lot of the usual attendees had sold tickets on.

This thread can become feisty, but we all want a cracking atmosphere. I don't think we will ever change the fact that some games will be loud and others less so. It's the nature of football in England.

With the ticketing fiasco for Real Madrid I genuinely felt the club may have cost us that game in pursuit of more revenue. In fact it was buzzing and most stayed until the end.

FA Cup semi finals at Wembley always lead to a general bemoaning of it not being at Villa Park and a lot of blues saving money for the final. Imagine that a decade or so ago, not a chance people would skip a trip to Wembley train strikes included!

The hard-core loyal fans of old could generally still go. We still have a relatively cheap season ticket compared to others and considering our quality and success. 9,000 blues in a single tier with 600 more expensive seats (potentially) is a pretty good compromise. It could have been the other way around! There's a chance to make this work if people get on board. It's the last chance.
Agreed.

Life is a compromise.... however if we get 95% of what we want in the form that we want it,it could and should be fantastic.

A true home end for all those that have been lobbying for one since the stadium was opened.

Our responsibility is to continue constructive and pragmatic dialogue with the club regarding the finer but vital details of seating plans,seat transfers etc.

Very few people are privy to the clubs thinking on such matters and unfounded criticism and negativity are unhelpful at this stage.

This is the last chance to create something that all parties want and need,we must ensure that our views are heard and that we help the club to arrive at the right and best decisions.

Was always going to be a challenging job.

It’s totally possible but would it mean both sides need doing at the same time to get rid of the masts and cable net - which would mean no roof on the sides for a year? Doesn’t sound likely to happen unless there’s another work around.

Could we even be looking at a new stadium in 20 years instead?
When I read "we can't easily expand over 60'000", I thought why not ?
To be fair, if they had the balls, back when the South Stand had the 3rd tier put on and done the North Stand too, (wasn't planning permission in place for both ends ?), would we already have a 62,000 + stadium !
And could looking at doing something with the East & West stands now ?
Also, if we do have a "120,000 waiting list"
Surely the thought of a new stadium should be a consideration ? A 80'000 plus one at least !

To be fair, if they had the balls, back when the South Stand had the 3rd tier put on and done the North Stand too, (wasn't planning permission in place for both ends ?), would we already have a 62,000 + stadium !
Surely the thought of a new stadium should be a consideration ? A 80'000 plus one at least !
Do you believe for one second we have a 120,000 waiting list?

Even if that was a reality , what would the take up of a season ticket be if offered, I would say less than 10%

And if the 120,000 was a reality , I am certain we would be building a brand new 100,000 seater super stadium as we speak.

Last edited:
Schematic drawings exist of the expansion of E&W stands upwards & backwards to encompasses the spirals,taking capacity to 77k.

A feasibility 'study' of building a new 100k covered stadium on the site of the CFA was undertaken several years ago prior to the CFAs construction.

The CFA would've been located on the Etihad Campus encompassing the athletics & squash centres.

It remains ADUGs intention to have the 'best in class' facilities for the club and if anyone has been to Saadiyat Island, or seen the renders of the Zayed Museum, you'll understand the art of the possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.