North Stand Expansion

When the club looked at the idea of a brand new stadium wasnt the idea turned down as at the time it would have meant the Etihad being knocked down and the money that was used was from the Government funds and it was refused? At the time as well the club didnt want to fall out with the Manchester council looking long term for more planning etc to what we see now so are spending fortunes on the stadium but having low yearly rental on the stadium but can alter it etc to improve.

When the club looked at the idea of a brand new stadium wasnt the idea turned down as at the time it would have meant the Etihad being knocked down and the money that was used was from the Government funds and it was refused? At the time as well the club didnt want to fall out with the Manchester council looking long term for more planning etc to what we see now so are spending fortunes on the stadium but having low yearly rental on the stadium but can alter it etc to improve.
That was my take but if we had 120,000 on the waiting list I am 100% certain the owner would be building a new stadium and handing back the keys to the council of the Etihad.

That was my take but if we had 120,000 on the waiting list I am 100% certain the owner would be building a new stadium and handing back the keys to the council of the Etihad.

Possibly mate but i`m not sure we would have had all the planning approvals etc for other purchases around the stadium and Manchester? Pretty sure that 120,000 on the season ticket waiting list is a media thing like the apparent 659m rag fans around the world.

Possibly mate but i`m not sure we would have had all the planning approvals etc for other purchases around the stadium and Manchester? Pretty sure that 120,000 on the season ticket waiting list is a media thing like the apparent 659m rag fans around the world.

The quotes never referred to a season ticket waiting list, just that 120,000 people were trying to get tickets for every home game.

This could simply mean that when they opened up the flood gates for members to buy tickets earlier last summer, with many games being available, that a peak of 120,000 were logged on at once trying to get tickets.

I think that’s believable.

Schematic drawings exist of the expansion of E&W stands upwards & backwards to encompasses the spirals,taking capacity to 77k.

A feasibility 'study' of building a new 100k covered stadium on the site of the CFA was undertaken several years ago prior to the CFAs construction.

The CFA would've been located on the Etihad Campus encompassing the athletics & squash centres.

It remains ADUGs intention to have the 'best in class' facilities for the club and if anyone has been to Saadiyat Island, or seen the renders of the Zayed Museum, you'll understand the art of the possible.

With our owners I don't think they'll have any issues expanding the E&W stands. They know the best contacts in construction to work out a way of doing it with minimum disruption. I can't see how you could do it without closure of the stands personally, but the experts will work out the best way of doing it. I do believe it will happen.

If our owner wanted to build a brand new supersize stadium the council would bend over backwards to help, but it won't happen.

I could see the East and West stands having work done in the next decade taking capacity up to 70/80k which would be perfect.

If our owner wanted to build a brand new supersize stadium the council would bend over backwards to help, but it won't happen.

I could see the East and West stands having work done in the next decade taking capacity up to 70/80k which would be perfect.

Agreed mate, plus with the new arena and hotel attached to the stadium happening then a say 80,000 seater stadium with all that surrounding it will be a money maker as is. Plus i`m sure there will be huge investment over the years into the collar site etc but hopefully the exterior of the stadium gets the full treatment as well.

De Vries, “We cannot easily expand the (Etihad) stadium beyond 60,000 (62,000)

So City have looked at expanding the Etihad further, but expanding the CBS and ES would be difficult and costly. Is that what De Vries is alluding to? Would that further expansion, if it ever happens, include the (much discussed) stadium wrap?

Happy yo be corrected as I don't work in construction or architecture.

Expanding the CBS and ES would have to be from the back up, outwards, building into the spirals, and altering and rebuilding the roof?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.