North Stand Expansion

From a cost and engineering point of view to do a 'one wall' stand would be completely out of the question in my view. You are demolishing a structure with plenty of life left in it so from an economical perspective it will never happen.

Shame as i think it is the way to go to create a better atmosphere in new stadiums, we are slightly hamstrung in terms of what we can do!
I’ve absolutely no idea what the new stand will look like but I do know it’ll incorporate a hotel !!

I’ve absolutely no idea what the new stand will look like but I do know it’ll incorporate a hotel !!
Hopefully, also an indoor cafe with seating for those of us who arrive early, especially in the Winter.
Hot drinks, burgers and pies, etc.
I thought that this excellent idea was proposed some years ago, but it seems to have been dumped.

Further on the booing issue at Wembley, what will the F.A. do for a plan B if Liverpool reach the Cup Final next May?
A. Ask Liverpool fans to kindly refrain from booing the anthem?
B. Inform Liverpool F.C. that they are not welcome at Wembley for finals and refuse to issue a ticket allocation?
C. Stop playing the anthem at Wembley, permanently?
D. Say and do nothing? Hoping that by next May Prince Harry will be on the throne and everyone will be booing!

The current cost of living crisis and the post-Covid lockdown, never mind the war in Ukraine, will almost certainly have delayed any short-term plans for expansion, I think it will be five years or more before we see any major investment in the stadium. Meanwhile the focus must be on encouraging new fans and team investment. Maybe offering more generous discounts for under 16s with parents.

Further on the booing issue at Wembley, what will the F.A. do for a plan B if Liverpool reach the Cup Final next May?
B. Inform Liverpool F.C. that they are not welcome at Wembley for finals and refuse to issue a ticket allocation?
D. Say and do nothing? Hoping that by next May Prince Harry will be on the throne and everyone will be booing!

Or E. Invite Prince Andrew as the guest of honour - the dippers will probably cheer him !

They’ll be there against us in August. National Anthem played before the Community Shield

A few years ago when they confirmed the south stand expansion, the word was the club were planning on building the north stand with one large tier so it could function like The Point at Lancashire Cricket Club, don’t know if that is still on the cards, or if it was, but I remember people talking about it on here a while back

A few years ago when they confirmed the south stand expansion, the word was the club were planning on building the north stand with one large tier so it could function like The Point at Lancashire Cricket Club, don’t know if that is still on the cards, or if it was, but I remember people talking about it on here a while back
It’d better not look like the red pillar box that the Point looks like!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.