Northern Quarter

Witney Blue

Normally travel just up and down for the match but jolly boys outing tmrw; doing Shambles before the match but thinking of boozing in the Northern Quarter after.

Never been there before; any good and any tips?

FYI we're a bunch of 35-40 year olds who should know better!!!

Walrus
MoJo's
Matt & Pherds
Bluu
Lammars

Have a good time lads.

I'm off to the Comedy Store after match so hopefully going there in a good mood after a City win!!!

Witney Blue said:
Normally travel just up and down for the match but jolly boys outing tmrw; doing Shambles before the match but thinking of boozing in the Northern Quarter after.

Never been there before; any good and any tips?

FYI we're a bunch of 35-40 year olds who should know better!!!
If you like bars rather than pubs it's OK. You will probably end up in Bluu bar at some point near the new bus station.http://www.bluu.co.uk/

i'd have a few drinks at the christmas markets, before or after. especially in albert square. top atmosphere. if your blooed up, you will have difficulty getting into some places in tnq. you won't have any problems in crown and kettle, smithfield hotel, fringe (all gt ancoats / swan street) or the castle at that end of oldham street.

Is there a jazz bar at the northen quarter. I think i may have stumbled in there after the game on wednesday?

city-till-i-cry said:
Is there a jazz bar at the northen quarter. I think i may have stumbled in there after the game on wednesday?

matt and phreds, most likely. possibly band on the wall though.

badge said:
city-till-i-cry said:

matt and phreds, most likely. possibly band on the wall though.

Ahh rite, the bar was on the right as you go in and there was a band playing on the far side.

Don't miss The Fringe on Swan Street.

Great guest ales and a huge variety of belgian beers in bottles.

Decent jukebox too.

Have a wander around and a bit of a crawl 'cos you can find loads of small bars that are pretty cool - personally not a fan of Bluu as too many printworks types go in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.