Northern Rail flash sale

Just booked back end of November for the Big Blue and apologies for misinterpretation but the deal actually runs from 1st September to third week of December and not November .. I have notice that they have stolen the free bottle of wine that we have enjoyed for the last few years and it courts them little favour in doing so. Nevertheless it's very hard to beat and the food is top notch.

Time to test their mettle because it's no good being cheap if not fit for purpose. However I smell much goodness in the air !

S3rXKD2.jpg

Last edited:
Punctuality was unprecidented and to the second so a big well done to all involved. Just left Walkden and ETA for southport firmly on track for 13.03 hours. Our carriage is empty and it's overall ambience is sadly below par but to be expected as we are in the 10p section. A few jizz stains on the seats and other marks I have not yet identified but we shall both crack on and bat it out as these are small nuances we can happily overlook for price/ratio paid.. Just arriving in some god forsaken hole called Atherton and loads of oap's just got on with picnic hampers and 3 millimetre tapping sticks. Next stop Daisy Hill !

Punctuality was unprecidented and to the second so a big well done to all involved. Just left Walkden and ETA for southport firmly on track for 13.03 hours. Our carriage is empty and it's overall ambience is sadly below par but to be expected as we are in the 10p section. A few jizz stains on the seats and other marks I have not yet identified but we shall both crack on and bat it out as these are small nuances we can happily overlook for price/ratio paid.. Just arriving in some god forsaken hole called Atherton and loads of oap's just got on with picnic hampers and 3 millimetre tapping sticks. Next stop Daisy Hill !

The 3rd class has returned, enjoy your time on the other side.

The nice thing about the Leeds-Southport line is that most of the stations are winners on Pointless.

Don’t you mean most of the stations on the line are pointless?

Walsden seems pretty pointless. We rode to Hebden Bridge a few days back and as the voice over said that the next stations was Walsden the train just rolled through without stopping, and coming back from Victoria the last time the voice overs got ahead of themselves and as we trundled into Littleborough we were told it was Todmorden!

Bump.
We have now had 2 of our 40p days out via the flash sale, 1 day at Southport on Monday and 1 day at Blackpool yesterday. All 4 trains were on time,both departing and arriving,and the Autumnal English weather was very kind to us with lots of sunshine and not a speck of rain.
We ended up spending the money we saved in Wetherspoons on food and drink,money well spent I might add.
The 3rd and last trip will be on my own to Leeds next Wednesday,to visit The Royal Armouries there.Slightly more expensive this trip at £3.80 ,but entrance to The Armouries is free,so I should have a decent day out in Yorkshire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.