Northern Rail

My cousin trains train drivers for Northern Rail. Guess what they do once they're fully trained up? They go to Virgin for the better pay. He says it's happening all the time,NR can't keep a hold of them.

NR simply don't have the drivers required, apparently.
BR used to recruit from drivers on locos on private sidings. But then in BR you progressed through "links" onto pasenger trains then the expresses and getting better pay. The rosters were worked out by management and union reps together.

arrived and left early today, fucking TOC can't even operate the reduced timetable properly by being too prompt and keen to get going. If your timetable says 06:44 then leave at 06:44, not 06:43. Who do they think they are, the Japanese?

I am a guard. Maybe you should research what the role entails before making a comment on it.

go on then. enlighten me. make me squirm with embarrassment with how difficult it is.
I agree that the uncaring bastard did you a disservice by not mentioning the flag/lollipop, but putting that aside, please continue.
I'm all eyes

he shouldn't be checking tickets on trains!

He should,but only after he has performed his safety critical duties while attempting to ensure an angry,frustrated,and very cramped,carriage of passengers arrive at their destination on time.

You are only given 2 attempts(aptitude/psychometric) to become a driver,after that you cannot re-apply.For every job they receive approximately 1000 applicants,the guard role attracts approximately 600.

For several reasons,that's food for thought.

He should,but only after he has performed his safety critical duties while attempting to ensure an angry,frustrated,and very cramped,carriage of passengers arrive at their destination on time.

You are only given 2 attempts(aptitude/psychometric) to become a driver,after that you cannot re-apply.For every job they receive approximately 1000 applicants,the guard role attracts approximately 600.

For several reasons,that's food for thought.
He's been there 11 years now and I was under the impression he had applied three times without success but not completely sure. Think he was given false promises but 600 applicants for a guards job is staggering. He's probably resigned to his role now as he turned 50 last year, still a shame though, he gets the 9 letter conundrum on Countdown quicker than anyone I know!

He's been there 11 years now and I was under the impression he had applied three times without success but not completely sure. Think he was given false promises but 600 applicants for a guards job is staggering. He's probably resigned to his role now as he turned 50 last year, still a shame though, he gets the 9 letter conundrum on Countdown quicker than anyone I know!
Don't know how relevant countdown is to train driving ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.