Northern Rail

He's been there 11 years now and I was under the impression he had applied three times without success but not completely sure. Think he was given false promises but 600 applicants for a guards job is staggering. He's probably resigned to his role now as he turned 50 last year, still a shame though, he gets the 9 letter conundrum on Countdown quicker than anyone I know!

A family member works for NR. He started as a guard with the plan to apply for a drivers job. He failed twice on the co-ordination tests and at that stage that was it, you couldn't apply again. However they changed this at some point and he got a third attempt and passed. He trained last year and is now driving.

He reckons they have enough drivers but it's cheaper to cancel a train than pay the overtime to the drivers on standby.

A family member works for NR. He started as a guard with the plan to apply for a drivers job. He failed twice on the co-ordination tests and at that stage that was it, you couldn't apply again. However they changed this at some point and he got a third attempt and passed. He trained last year and is now driving.

He reckons they have enough drivers but it's cheaper to cancel a train than pay the overtime to the drivers on standby.
Cheers, I will pass your comments on to my mate, he will probably know him, Mark Redford.

Ta, I'm sure he knows that but I will see him Sunday and mention it. He's a good lad Redders, other nicknames, Captain Pils and Bumble, likes Achey, breaky, heart on the karaoke!

This.

The train crew are in mess room ready to take trains that are cancelled "Due to Train crew shortages."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.