Northern Rail

Perhaps they should return to the former timetable until all staff, not just traincrew, are recruited/trained as appears to be the case. It wasn't brilliant and trains often failed, but at least there was some semblance of a service and the travelling part of it could be estimated in a passenger's daily work routine.

Just the same as everything else over the last 15 or so years, management twats squeezing every penny out of you because we have no choice but to baa along with it. They’ll only sort it when it looks like there going to lose the lines

Shortage of train staff? Do you reckon they ever have a shortage of suited pricks at their hq when they have a meeting to discuss fare rises or some stupid fuckin marketing idea that’s nobody cares about

The problem is we are the North. As far as the people who matter in this country are concerned, we are just another colony like Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland and they can foist any old shit on us. The difference is at least the other "colonies" have devolved government.

I am tempted to blame the Tories, but that's too easy. I'm not sure that (in this matter) Labour are any better. Both the major parties are too London-centric.

This explains why (among other things) we get shit trains like the Pacers and the wholly inadequate Metrolink. If anyone thinks that the Pacers would be tolerated if they were running from Marylebone to Aylesbury, well, you're kidding yourself. But this sort of shit is deemed good enough for the sweaty peasants in the North.

What a load of shite.

Northern Rail are just useless, as are train services in the south.

I get the train every home game from Rochdale.
99 % of the time they are on time ish.
Sometimes I'm on the old crap rolling stock with bus seats in but I'm not bothered as long as I get into Victoria.
I only got pissed off a few times.
Mainly when they are on strike because modern technology can do the job of an halfwit who holds a whistle.
Then again I see a few of them over the season so I guess it evens itself out .

Northern Directors will not give a fuck as in this fucked up franchising system they will be making more money by not running trains.

Sometimes I'm on the old crap rolling stock with bus seats in but I'm not bothered as long as I get into Victoria.
Mainly when they are on strike because modern technology can do the job of an halfwit who holds a whistle.

I am a guard. Maybe you should research what the role entails before making a comment on it.

The problem is we are the North. As far as the people who matter in this country are concerned, we are just another colony like Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland and they can foist any old shit on us. The difference is at least the other "colonies" have devolved government.

I am tempted to blame the Tories, but that's too easy. I'm not sure that (in this matter) Labour are any better. Both the major parties are too London-centric.

This explains why (among other things) we get shit trains like the Pacers and the wholly inadequate Metrolink. If anyone thinks that the Pacers would be tolerated if they were running from Marylebone to Aylesbury, well, you're kidding yourself. But this sort of shit is deemed good enough for the sweaty peasants in the North.

I live 50 minutes/ 70 miles north of London. A quick and easy ride into St Pancreas.

I used to live 70 miles south of London which took around an hour and a half on a good day.

The South is jammed up with shitty trains. Where I am now the train is the first option. Where I used to live it was the last. So it's not just a North problem.

We have had a 6 carriage trans pennine train removed from our line, seems to have been replaced with a northern service ( I say seems as I’ve not seen it yet ), but seeing as northern don’t have enough rolling stock ( regularly half sized trains etc ) or staff ( at least once a week my train is cancelled as the driver has to get from Victoria to ox Rd) to cover existing services I can’t see how they expect to cover a new one!

Ignorant fool.

What a load of shite.

Northern Rail are just useless, as are train services in the south.

Show me the Pacers running between Marylebone and Aylesbury.

Show me the equivalent of Metrolink in London. They get Crossrail at a cost of ££££££££££££££s and we get a tram "service" that barely functions at peak hours.

Yes I know there are problems in the South, it gets blazoned all over the papers and BBC. Funnily you don't get the same coverage for the North as no-one with power and influence gives a shit.

Northern Rail can't possibly be "useless". They are a member of the highly efficient private sector that is so much better than the public sector in every way. They wouldn't pay their Directors big bucks if they were "useless", would they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.