Nortons

stonie

got the kids a laptop each for xmas and with one of them got a free nortons anti virus for a year,is it worth loading into the laptop or use AVG as i do on mine

If you are looking for a free antivirus solution , microsoft security essentials is the best so far.

Ragnarok said:
If you are looking for a free antivirus solution , microsoft security essentials is the best so far.

orite,ive always been led to believe AVG was the best free one

stonie said:
Ragnarok said:

Microsoft Security Essentials was only recently released.Until its release , AVG was the best freeware solution available but MSE quickly overtook it.

Ragnarok said:
stonie said:

Microsoft Security Essentials was only recently released.Until its release , AVG was the best freeware solution available but MSE quickly overtook it.

ok sound, does it conflict with any other virus or malware programs or is it that you dont need programs such as malwarebytes or spybot

Norton is bloatware and really annoying. AVG has always been enough for me.

Might have a look at MSE

stonie said:
Ragnarok said:

ok sound, does it conflict with any other virus or malware programs or is it that you dont need programs such as malwarebytes or spybot

You would need an additional anti spyware program because in my opinion MSE doesnt combat spyware well.But MSE is distributed as an antivirus , antispyware and antimalware software.All i can say is that it plays the antivirus part very well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.