Norwich (a) post-match thread

It's a strange thing with all the shots we have, I'm regularly shouting to shoot but we persist with almost walking the ball into the 6 yard area at times and still don't get clean shots on target.

I know this isn't the case every game but a few more longer shots even if saved would provide chances from rebounds.
Getting shots to be saved would be some sort of achievement. Re Norwich game our shots total was quite high but we got very few on target.

Otamendi and Stones are not City's level, that's been the case for a while. A good run of form doesn't change that.

Seriously. So even if they play well, we win games and say win trophies they are not our level.

So in effect you have just given up on them

You’re missing the point again. I suggest you pick the teams on this forum BEFORE each game & let’s see ..... rather than relying on hindsight
It's not hindsight is it, in my opinion where possible you should start with your strongest 11, we didn't start with ours and we got found out

Seriously. So even if they play well, we win games and say win trophies they are not our level.

So in effect you have just given up on them

Contributions are good, but are they reliable? For a season? Neither are. And it's been the case for 3 years. Losing Kompany, and then Laporte has hurt us but we genuinely have 2 recognised centre halves who only performed well together 2 years ago, times gone. Football moves fast, you can't hold on to form nostalgia for long, have to show your worth and ability. Neither have improved in 3 years, and unfortunately with the fixture run coming up in November/December, we may well struggle more unless both somehow step up big time.

Contributions are good, but are they reliable? For a season? Neither are. And it's been the case for 3 years. Losing Kompany, and then Laporte has hurt us but we genuinely have 2 recognised centre halves who only performed well together 2 years ago, times gone. Football moves fast, you can't hold on to form nostalgia for long, have to show your worth and ability. Neither have improved in 3 years, and unfortunately with the fixture run coming up in November/December, we may well struggle more unless both somehow step up big time.
They have barely played and are rusty,if they are still shite after 10 more games together and you might have a point,give them a chance

Lot of people forgetting that: (a) shit happens; (b) it happens very rarely to us (first defeat since Jan); (c) our players have been remarkably consistent but every now and then there will be a bad day at the office.

We have become spoiled and take commanding victories for granted. Case in point: we lost to Palace at home - huge deal; 200 page post-match thread. Reverse fixture at Selhurst, we completely play them off the park - everyone takes it as normal. I have no doubt we will take Norwich apart when we play them again.

And guess what? Shit will happen to Liverpool too. As it did last season where despite all the ref/opposition goalie largesse, they dropped more points than we did. If we can take 4 pts from our H2H with them this year again, I am confident we end as champions again.

One defeat and some of our fans are unbelievable.

yes but the last defeat was a mere eight months ago , at this rate we could lose another game before May , kin'ell it was'nt that long ago i was going to the Etihad with Pearce in charge hoping to see a goal , corner kicks were celebrated with a lap of honour.

It's not hindsight is it, in my opinion where possible you should start with your strongest 11, we didn't start with ours and we got found out

But as a manager, all games have to be considered and we have a CL game mid week. We can't start with our strongest 11 EVERY match so how do YOU decide when to use the squad??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.