Norwich (a) post-match thread

Rodri apart nobody played anywhere near their normal level.

The one major positive at this point in the season is Rodri, he is simply an outstanding footballer.

He was wank for their second goal. I was at the game so if I saw it wrong please correct me. It looked like he was beat in the centre and they went on and scored. He was waiting for the ball too long. Fern still better than him, why he not in the team I dont know

Very much agree. Teams know we hate being harried and pressed, so the brave ones are going to do it and we need to be ready to release passes and people into space faster if we sense or feel that’s coming. But the selection today was of a team that almost by design kept everything in front of Norwich. Sterling tried to get in behind a few times but no one bothered to hit him, so he just gave up the runs. Strange.

Otamendi’s mistake was inexcusable once the ball was in his possession, but I also bet he was wondering - in his reaction after the goal - why on earth stones is making that pass in the first place if a man was that close to him. It was a useless ball that stones only should have played if ota was a much safer outlet. It was stupid from stones, and came seconds after he’d done something similar at the halfway line.

I thought it was ota who made the shit pass at the half way line. That led to a chance to them. We got the goal kick and then ota fucked up again.

He was wank for their second goal. I was at the game so if I saw it wrong please correct me. It looked like he was beat in the centre and they went on and scored. He was waiting for the ball too long. Fern still better than him, why he not in the team I dont know
He was culpable for the first. Closest to the goal scorer and made a very half hearted attempt to stop him. Mind you with Eddie playing 'statues' he wasn't alone in culpability.

That was very much like Palace. Poor first half and we are 2:1 down. We hope to make a comeback but a defensive error soon after the start of the 2nd half and we are 2 goals down. Then we struggle to create enough chances but make it 3:2 with 5-6 minutes to come.

We were rubbish also vs Huddersfield away in January but they were piss poor and couldn't score.

Basically, shit happens. Many fans are fixated on individual errors but the whole team wasn't very good in attack and defense. Pressing isn't quite there and we allow average team to pass it around. When we move the ball slowly, we aren't ourselves and struggle on both ends of the pitch.

There are shades of 16/17 at times: concede 3 goals from 4 attempts and waste chances in the other box. But we were like that vs Palace, Leicester, Newcastle last season

We take a step back to make two forward. Believe in Pep and the team. As he said after the game, we know what we've achieved and we know what we'll achieve. Setbacks help the team develop further.

He was culpable for the first. Closest to the goal scorer and made a very half hearted attempt to stop him. Mind you with Eddie playing 'statues' he wasn't alone in culpability.

Right now he is too slow for me in anticipation and distribution. Seen it a few times v Spurs and Brighton.

Needs to speed up

just woken up....that result is still raw.
No doubt the wound will get opened up more at work tomorrow.

We are the Tyson Fury of the premier league (got all the moves) and Liverpool are the Deontay Wilder (they carry the greater knockout punch). This has been key in Champs League, where you don’t the the plethora of chances and ruthlessness is needed

Yesterday was a shambles of a performance but there have been worrying signs since the start of the season. Bournemouth created three clear cut chances against us as well as the goal they scored. Two one on ones and the chance that hit Eddie in the face, gifted by, wait for it, an Otamendi mistake when he chested the ball to no one. Brighton played through our press a fair few times, had 45% possession and created a couple of decent chances. West Ham and Spur's are the only games we have played really well, even then Spurs scored with their two attempts on target.

Shocking individual mistakes aside what yesterday proved once more and what our players should know by now is this. If you go into any game, especially in the premier league, thinking superior technique and skill is enough to just turn up and win without putting in the hard yards as well, you will come unstuck and we did big time. We were 2-0 down before the penny dropped, got back into it then were killed off by that shambles of a third goal. The drive and effort we put into the last 20 minutes should have been from the first whistle.

MOTD last night highlighted how there was no pressing or urgency in the build up that led to their first goal. I wish I had a bookies around the corner because I sensed this coming pre match. It was all set up, just like those away cup ties we used to lose against lower opposition in the bad old days. Live on tv, small compact ground and a noisy passionate crowd for whom it was their cup final. All the tales about a patched up.Norwich side so hit by injuries they had TWO keepers on the bench. Pundits predicting how many we would score, climbing Everest without tools etcetera we should have knew what was coming.

I thought we were too professional and streetwise these days to take a game for granted, I was wrong. Worryingly I think we are going to miss Vinny's leadership and calm presence on and off the pitch more than I imagined. Let's hope we galvanise and go on a long winning run from here, including the dippers.

It's very difficult to be as motivated and hungry as the last two seasons.

Even Pep's Barca couldn't go above 95 pts three seasons in a row.

08/09 87 pts

09/10 99 pts

10/11 96 pts

11/12 91 pts

Think it would be incredible if we manage close to 95 pts this season. I think Liverpool will go through a crisis at some point, so close to 95 pts might do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.