Norwich (a) post-match thread

I think Laporte being out is a huge problem. Firstly he covers for Zinchenko an awful lot, it’s like he plays 2 positions at times but means that Zinchenko doesn’t need to defend, which is good because he can’t. He is excellent in possession. When he gets the ball from Ederson he can pass the ball into the midfielders quickly and accurately. Otamendi and Stones are too slow in possession. And above all else he is a bloody good defender. With VVD the best in the league. The drop off to Stones and Otamendi it too big.

Laporte didn't play when we won 18 in a row. Pep will find a solution. He is a great player and we miss him but I trust Pep to come up with a solution. First thing is to press properly and not half-heartedly.

I would put Fernandinho or Rodrigo in alongside Stones.

Otamendi just isn't good enough on the ball. Laporte's injury will likely cost us the league unless we can find a solution. I can't see Otamendi being part of it. I hope Pep grasps the nettle early rather than trying to persist with Ota and Stones. I hope I am wrong of course. I just don't see how City can build up play from the back and we're going to make gaffes with him there.

Immediate priority is to bounce back and avoid being targeted.

Thanks for your wonderful insight you buffoon.
I have been a Blue for over 40 years and been through the bad dark times. I’m far from an ‘entitled wanker’ as you do comically quote.
With the strength and depth of our squad, I EXPECTED a better performance than that. It was poor and foolish of the whole team to think that they could just go through the motions and Norwich would cave in, you can be sure they will NEVER play like that against any of the other Top 6.

Good for you keep posting your bitter rants against the team and individuals in it..I will carry on going to The Etihad hoping City win and put in a good performance, as long as they pull on a blue shirt and give it their best they will get my full support. They are human beings if they cock up something so what..I will never underestimate the opposition because they will be giving it their best shot to its 11 vs 11 and if they beat us good for them..I’m not a buffoon or wear blue tinted specs I’m a City supporter and can take getting beat without the need for some of the pathetic vitriol posted on this forum by the likes of you and a few others

We have forgotten about Garcia / Harwood-Bellis.

Pep needs to try one of Fern, Rodrigo, Garcia or Harwood Bellis in place of Ota.

There is little else to say.

A worrying trend from the past two games is how easy Brighton and Norwich have beaten our press.

Teams seem to be goading us into closing them down by playing deeper and then passing through us.

It could possibly be down to the lack of pace/energy in the side yesterday but it is sOne thing Pep needs to sort out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.