Norwich (a) post-match thread

It’s a forum where fans share their opinions.

This is the Norwich post-match thread, a game in which we were poor.

It’s nothing to do with forgetting our achievements. It’s simply commenting on the game.

And football fans love to moan. Always have and always will.

Some comments go well beyond this game, obviously. Generalisations abound.

Agree about how we were sucked too far forward, left a gap in the centre that norwich exploited by a simple punt upfield, and the lack of a commanding figure in our back line compounded the problem. Imo our front line is at it's best when receiving the ball played in front of them, by being too far forward that is not an option, beating a player from a standing start is v. dif. against packed defences. Raz and Bernie didn't become useless over-night, David and Kun were never allowed an inch, (apart from a couple of solid chances) the midfield really struggled to find a forward pass option, inevitably settling for the "start again option" which suited norwich's staying deep plan.
In short, this combination of players, against that opponent, did not work.
Not the end of the world, even the greatest have off-days, MichaelAngelo made a right mess of his mam's kitchen ceiling, that Da Vinci geezer only painted one Mona Lisa, and Van Gogh's helicopter never even flew. Just goes to show, it's tough at t'top....even tougher stayin' there.

At first Bernie and Raz were playing as inverted wingers but the full backs don’t have the attacking capabilities to overlap and provide the width. Which meant the play was too narrow.

Then Pep switched the wingers and we had more width but there was then a lack of movement centrally. As a result, we kept crossing the ball and Norwich defended resolutely.

For all of the negativity though, Aguero missed two very good headed chances and Sterling missed one too. We also only lost the game to a major brain fart from Otamendi.

In a similar manner to Spurs, we conceded with every shot we faced on target and was wasteful up front.

At first Bernie and Raz were playing as inverted wingers but the full backs don’t have the attacking capabilities to overlap and provide the width. Which meant the play was too narrow.

Then Pep switched the wingers and we had more width but there was then a lack of movement centrally. As a result, we kept crossing the ball and Norwich defended resolutely.

For all of the negativity though, Aguero missed two very good headed chances and Sterling missed one too. We also only lost the game to a major brain fart from Otamendi.

In a similar manner to Spurs, we conceded with every shot we faced on target and was wasteful up front.

Exactly this

It happens

Shite from everyone including Guardiola
Shocking complacency and now we've lost Laporte we don't even look dangerous from our numerous set pieces.
Meanwhile Norwich scored from the same corner routine as Tottenham.

If we win the title from here, it would be among Pep's finest achevemens in his extraordinary career.

5 pts off the top after 5 games is not scary at all. But given our injuries to top players and having only two fit and not ecactly great CBs makes the situation bad. Plus Liverpool having a top team with a great manager and being absoutely desperate to win the PL.

I wouldn't be against Pep and the lads retaining the title though. It may take several games to adjust our game to our CB problems but we'll find a solution and will contend for the title.

That was very much like Palace. Poor first half and we are 2:1 down. We hope to make a comeback but a defensive error soon after the start of the 2nd half and we are 2 goals down. Then we struggle to create enough chances but make it 3:2 with 5-6 minutes to come.

We were rubbish also vs Huddersfield away in January but they were piss poor and couldn't score.

Basically, shit happens. Many fans are fixated on individual errors but the whole team wasn't very good in attack and defense. Pressing isn't quite there and we allow average team to pass it around. When we move the ball slowly, we aren't ourselves and struggle on both ends of the pitch.

There are shades of 16/17 at times: concede 3 goals from 4 attempts and waste chances in the other box. But we were like that vs Palace, Leicester, Newcastle last season

We take a step back to make two forward. Believe in Pep and the team. As he said after the game, we know what we've achieved and we know what we'll achieve. Setbacks help the team develop further.

It reminded me very much of Palace and it's the kind of thing that does happen every so often to this team. We aren't though used to losing so early in the season.

Travelled 400 miles for that yesterday but do you know what?
It was worth every penny to remind me that our great team is allowed an off day and I think some supporters need a reality check here. We have not got a divine right to win every game.
Personally i think the testimonial planning and the international week screwed us up yesterday.
Even if we win nothing this season the team has delivered more than we could every dream of in the last 2 years.
Some are acting like spoilt kids.
Matt top lad for travelling to the game. But as I’ve said in a few other posts nobody is saying City had a Devine right to win. The frustration is from the manner of the defeat. In all honesty most probably did expect to beat a newly promoted team fairly hit by injuries. That’s not an unreasonable nor unusual expectation. I, like most here have supported this football team for decades and know that nothing should be a shock, yet it still happens. Cardiff did it when they got promoted but City have moved even more forward from that result and this one even more unexpected. You’re right about the team, but this game is about emotions and passion, so, no one should be surprised there’s a few raw comments on the site.

I've not read the thread but here goes:
Utter fucking shite. Half their regular starters were missing and we come up with a clusterfuck of a performance like that.
First goal - another incoming dead ball headed in at the near post. Ooh, not seen that since Spuds a couple of weeks back, and Brighton at the end of last season.
Second goal - losing the ball on the halfway line with minimal cover behind leading to a tap in.
Third goal - Hand them a chance on a plate, get a lucky escape and within a minute had them another chance.
Utter shite from the back five. And those that won't hear a bad word against Zinchenko, at least accept he's just not good enough as a left back.
Should Sergio and Raz have done better with those first half headed chances? Possibly but I've only seen them once so I'm not sure.
I'd give Rodri MOTM.
Important bits: Good fry up at a caff on the A17 on the way down and we found a late night McD's on the way bad.
And why do some fuckers believe it's acceptable to drive at 45 mph in 60 mph limits on straight dry roads. Twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.