Norwich (a) post-match thread

I've not read the thread but here goes:
Utter fucking shite. Half their regular starters were missing and we come up with a clusterfuck of a performance like that.
First goal - another incoming dead ball headed in at the near post. Ooh, not seen that since Spuds a couple of weeks back, and Brighton at the end of last season.
Second goal - losing the ball on the halfway line with minimal cover behind leading to a tap in.
Third goal - Hand them a chance on a plate, get a lucky escape and within a minute had them another chance.
Utter shite from the back five. And those that won't hear a bad word against Zinchenko, at least accept he's just not good enough as a left back.
Should Sergio and Raz have done better with those first half headed chances? Possibly but I've only seen them once so I'm not sure.
I'd give Rodri MOTM.
Important bits: Good fry up at a caff on the A17 on the way down and we found a late night McD's on the way bad.
And why do some fuckers believe it's acceptable to drive at 45 mph in 60 mph limits on straight dry roads. Twats.
Zinchenko is a good left back. But he needs a solid centre half behind/inside him when we defend high up the pitch. Otamendi can't double as a left back. Remenber, Zinchenko and Otamendi didn't work in 2017 so Delph got the job.

Zinchenko is a good left back. But he needs a solid centre half behind/inside him when we defend high up the pitch. Otamendi can't double as a left back. Remenber, Zinchenko and Otamendi didn't work in 2017 so Delph got the job.

Zimchenko should be a back up. How long is mendy going to need?

Just stating facts.
We've dropped points twice in five games through piss poor defending and wasted chances. If it isn't sorted out soon the league will be gone.

The shot conversion is the most worrying. I was about to say that 9 times out of 10 you don’t concede with every shot you face on target but that’s happened to us twice in five games.

That said, we comfortably created far more than both Spurs and Norwich but failed to outscore either of them.

Agree about how we were sucked too far forward, left a gap in the centre that norwich exploited by a simple punt upfield, and the lack of a commanding figure in our back line compounded the problem. Imo our front line is at it's best when receiving the ball played in front of them, by being too far forward that is not an option, beating a player from a standing start is v. dif. against packed defences. Raz and Bernie didn't become useless over-night, David and Kun were never allowed an inch, (apart from a couple of solid chances) the midfield really struggled to find a forward pass option, inevitably settling for the "start again option" which suited norwich's staying deep plan.
In short, this combination of players, against that opponent, did not work.
Not the end of the world, even the greatest have off-days, MichaelAngelo made a right mess of his mam's kitchen ceiling, that Da Vinci geezer only painted one Mona Lisa, and Van Gogh's helicopter never even flew. Just goes to show, it's tough at t'top....even tougher stayin' there.
Made me laugh with that last paragraph. Brilliant. Thank you.

We lost because of 3 individual errors and
a failure to move the ball forward quick enough. Gundog is fine as a holding midfield but lacks the ability to move the ball forward at pace as one of our two forwadd thinking central midfield players.

We were not terrible, we just didnt play well. Had we scored first we'd have won. As it was breaking down a team sitting behind the ball and with a lead was beyond us today. We need to start strong, and rest players after we are on top and coasting.

5 pts behind is not great but others will also drop points at some point. We pick ourselves up and look to the next game.

We lost because of 3 individual errors and
a failure to move the ball forward quick enough. Gundog is fine as a holding midfield but lacks the ability to move the ball forward at pace as one of our two forwadd thinking central midfield players.

We were not terrible, we just didnt play well. Had we scored first we'd have won. As it was breaking down a team sitting behind the ball and with a lead was beyond us today. We need to start strong, and rest players after we are on top and coasting.

5 pts behind is not great but others will also drop points at some point. We pick ourselves up and look to the next game.
Certainly agree on that. Our whole performance was lacklustre and very deliberate.

What’s Pep said about that abortion of a performance? I literally can’t click on any sports website or watch sky sports as I know they’ll be wanking themselves stupid.
He’s accepted it, won’t blame the players because he believes in them. It was a perfect storm that led to the defeat.

You know the saying mate! It takes one to know one.

ZtcZNz9.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.