Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Vic said:
After MotD:

Kompany was studs up for our second. Jones made up for it with the free kick for their first.

Nasri silly - stood up to Bassoong, who put his head down to Nasri. I thought Nasri barged Bassoong's shoulder but if that was a red then Bassoong should have had a yellow for the tackle and another for the head nonsense. Worth appealing? I don't know - I'd be surprised if they said it was a frivolous appeal and awarded an extra match ban (which would make what Nasri did worse than Fellaini's clear butt last week).

The assistant who shopped Nasri of course didn't bother flagging for the barge in the back on Zab in the penalty area soon after.

Mancini absolutely right to highlight Garrido's backpass, saved by the keeper - should have been an indirect free kick on the 6 yard line with no defender closer than the goal-line. Instead incompetent Jones gave a corner.

Just waded through the 37 pages of this thread and this is the only post that mentions that the c**t of a linesman missed the blatent shove on Zaba just a few minutes later and about 10 yds nearer.

On the back-pass, the keeper is allowed to touch the ball with his hand BUT he can't pick it up or catch it - palming it away or punching it is OK

Cheadle Blue said:
mancini should go over to the ref and applaud him off, as sarcastically as he can

The FA would kick the living shite out of him if he did that.

South Stander said:
On the back-pass, the keeper is allowed to touch the ball with his hand BUT he can't pick it up or catch it - palming it away or punching it is OK

I thought you weren't allowed to handle the ball in any way from a back pass?

Ric said:
South Stander said:

I think you are right, but i guess the refs assumed that it wasn't an intentional back pass, but a bad attempt at a clearance for a corner?

Bosno said:
Ric said:
South Stander said:

I think you are right, but i guess the refs assumed that it wasn't an intentional back pass, but a bad attempt at a clearance for a corner?
Nah mate, you're wrong...any part of the arm and its a backpass

Bosno said:
Ric said:
South Stander said:

From the FIFA Laws of the Game: an indirect free kick is awarded if the goalkeeper "touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate". Doesn't say anything about picking it up or catching it. Ref's only excuse is that he thought it was a bad clearance for a corner, as you suggest. In reality, much more likely he just missed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.