Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

I hail from the Dakotas of the USA. I didn't give two shits about football until the 2006 world cup. ESPN showed three matches a day and I fell in love with the game. The following season I watched the PL religiously with no fav team until sky sports had week long coverage of the May 2007 derby. I have a huge soft spot for underdogs and even though city lost I had found my team. I remember the day of the takeover because it was the same day as I moved to uni. I was constantly checking for updates as I unpacked. Watched every PL game of city's through college and missed only a few cup games, damn science labs in afternoon. When I got my own place I would cook free pancakes for whoever would come over for saturday and Sunday morning games as well providing pizza and beer for our afternoon cup games. Went to my first City game in LA during the preseason tour! One of the best experiences of my life. I have purchased a jersey every season since my first Petrov jersey, loved that left foot. Have four City posters in my room including one of the 1969 team! I have converted so many new fans of the game into City fans and it is something I am very proud of! I hid behind the couch the last ten minutes of the last derby and I cannot wait for Sunday! Go Blues!

law74 said:
GazC said:
If you don't support the team of an area that you have a emotional attachment to, you're cheating yourself a little in my opinion. Should we win on Sunday I'll be ecstatic, that as a Mancunian, my football team has chalked one up for the City of Manchester opposed to being happy because a team called Manchester City has won the EPL.

I don't have any ill feeling towards those that support a team for it's name and the success they can attach themselves to, but I'm happy in the knowledge that any victory will mean much more to me than it will them. That's not aloofness, it's just par for the course when living in the community the club plies it's trade in.

Nonetheless, anybody that wants to support the club is welcome to in my eyes; it shouldn't be for anybody to judge and ultimately it's a bit juvenile.

So you will enjoy any success we have on Sunday more than some one like me or the many others that have been spending thousands year in year out travelling to Maine Road and Eastlands - the Etihad arena just because you were born close to the area the club was formed?

Having been brought up in a swamp dwelling one game a lifetime cesspit I know that myself and quite a few other glory hunters that attached ourselves to the Sky blue cause due to the majesty of Peter Barnes down the wing, the Holy trinity for those a wee bit older than me, or the plethora of Northern Ireland internationals that wore the Sky blue (Lennon, Lomas, Whitley *2, Wright, Horlock Big Jim etc etc) or the German Blues that read the Bert story in their formative years and from that developed a love of MCFC, will feel every bit as emotional as you if - when we manage to do what I have only dreamed of since a little child, difference being, it has taken me a lot longer to get home after the heart wrenching defeats, a lot more money to get to each game (win lose or draw), and while I am not going to say I am a better fan than any other blue, i will have felt the pain as much as any other Blue at our defeats, our capitulations, and in reverse, i will have had more time to wallow in out all too seldom chances to celebrate (on quite a few occasions i have flown home unable to remember anything about either airport), but hey, in your eyes, I am not a blue?
Get real.

really good post law!!

Rascal said:
Я - кабинетный охотник славы, который только поддерживает город, потому что мы выиграли лигу in1968

Go and wash your mouth out, dirtymouth!!!

SoDakBlue said:
I hail from the Dakotas of the USA. I didn't give two shits about football until the 2006 world cup. ESPN showed three matches a day and I fell in love with the game. The following season I watched the PL religiously with no fav team until sky sports had week long coverage of the May 2007 derby. I have a huge soft spot for underdogs and even though city lost I had found my team. I remember the day of the takeover because it was the same day as I moved to uni. I was constantly checking for updates as I unpacked. Watched every PL game of city's through college and missed only a few cup games, damn science labs in afternoon. When I got my own place I would cook free pancakes for whoever would come over for saturday and Sunday morning games as well providing pizza and beer for our afternoon cup games. Went to my first City game in LA during the preseason tour! One of the best experiences of my life. I have purchased a jersey every season since my first Petrov jersey, loved that left foot. Have four City posters in my room including one of the 1969 team! I have converted so many new fans of the game into City fans and it is something I am very proud of! I hid behind the couch the last ten minutes of the last derby and I cannot wait for Sunday! Go Blues!

Good on yer lad :)<br /><br />-- Fri May 11, 2012 9:18 pm --<br /><br />
kenkladze said:
Rascal said:
Я - кабинетный охотник славы, который только поддерживает город, потому что мы выиграли лигу in1968

Go and wash your mouth out, dirtymouth!!!

Я делаю каждый день моего синего друга. спасибо за совет. Его холод здесь в Сибири, хотя

It would be much easier for glory hunter to follow a big club like Barca for instance to fulfill their desire, having long history of successful in world football, TV coverage, easy to find shirt no need to purchase from internet, watching the best footballers week in week out and no need to pass questionair LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.