Not seen any jersey royal spuds in the shops this year.

No Waitrose anywhere near where I live. Mustn't be posh enough an area; )
We've only had one for 3 or 4 years, but its been a godsend during this, hardly anyone goes in, and its totally relaxed compared to out 2 Tesco's and our walkable Morrisons, it's rarely had shortages either unlike the others, (soap, toilet roll etc excepted at the start).

My parents nearest is in Buxton, but now they can travel there for exercise its a bit more handy ;-)

i am disappointed every spring, jerseys are pale imitations of what they once were, have heard it said that they are no longer grown in sea-weed enriched soil, what-ever, still buy them and when they're gone,, any spud grown in Scotland,

We've only had one for 3 or 4 years, but its been a godsend during this, hardly anyone goes in, and its totally relaxed compared to out 2 Tesco's and our walkable Morrisons, it's rarely had shortages either unlike the others, (soap, toilet roll etc excepted at the start).

My parents nearest is in Buxton, but now they can travel there for exercise its a bit more handy ;-)
We've got just about every other supermarket in Tameside area apart from a Waitrose. I don't mind paying a little extra sometimes if the quality is right and I know Waitrose quality is.

Is there any difference between Jersey Royals & Cheshire New potatoes apart from
location?

I'm not finding it much more expensive to be honest, our tesco's are both full of idiots, and the wine selection is far better :)
I hate Tesco's. Not because of idiot shoppers, because of idiot management who insist in strategically placing items in aisles beyond logic, just so shoppers walk past tempting tat on special offers. I hate Tesco and Asda for same reason. One good reason I like Aldi and Lidl is I know where things are, and a second reason is they both offer everyday value without having to price match as Tesco now do against Aldi.

I've had supermarket Jersey Royals about a dozen times but now they're selling them too big and they're not nice IMO.

I must say I've not really enjoyed any this year. Quite a few I've had to cut bad bits out and they don't taste anywhere near as good as they used to do. Anyone else noticed this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.