Not talking family members!!

As others have said, keep toxic people out of your life. Like you should walk away from toxic relationships.

Doesn't mean you want anything bad to happen to them, but people change and everybody is different. I've cut everybody in my family out other than my mum and dad, for the last few years. When the shit hits the fan they've always had my back despite not always getting on well with them.

Do feel guilty sometimes about a few family members but the most important person in my life is myself. I came into the world alone and will leave it alone, either in a wooden box or off the end of a cliff. Life is too short for people who bring you sadness or those you can't be yourself around.

I don't speak to my brothers but e-mail and text them now and again,no fall out,we just weren't brought up as a close family
We all fell out with mum a lot,i hadn't spoken to her for 20yrs,i had an urge to call her dec 25th,the one before last,just in time as it happened,i'm glad i did
Pretty much the same in my family. My sister got married and moved to S.Wales, I moved to the South West and my brother further North. We used to meet for a meal together on our mothers birthday, but after she passed away that stopped. Just cards on birthdays & Christmas now, no other contact.
As you say, no animosity or rows, just time passed and distance.
My dad was 1 of 13, we used to have a lot of activity with aunts, uncles, cousins always coming round. Not got a clue now about anyone.

My sister in law and sister had a fall out and we and my younger brother and family, were caught in the middle
This went on for around 10 years until my sister in law held out an olive branch and things have gone swimmingly since

Life's too short to fall out with family however in some cases I fully understand why people walk away

I went seeing my sister last may in Italy. We drove to the Dolomite mountains for a day out with her (then) fella. I ate a bun on the back seat that had icing sugar on. I'm assuming a bit of the icing sugar must of landed on her fella's leather seats. Turned out he voiced his concerns I had a cocaine problem he told my sister about. She added 2+2 and came to 5. I flew home oblivious to her concern her brother (me) was a cocaine addict. Told her concerns to my eldest daughter who told me for two reasons. Firstly I'm her father, she's gonna be concerned. Secondly she's a nurse and was concerned I was a coke addict. Wouldn't mind but I've only ever tried one line and thought it was fuckin' shite.

Instead of my sister confronting me of her concerns, she told my daughter. My daughter naturally told me and I went spare. Rang my sister up and had it out with her asking why she never asked me choosing to tell my daughter. My sister said she was gonna tell my daughter off for telling takes! Lol. I was fuckin' fuming she had the audacity to think she should tell my daughter off without asking me of her concern I was in coke! My daughter was an innocent third party in this, of course she was right to tell me what her auntie told her.

She's since made up with her auntie but I ain't on speaking terms with my sister, not until I get an apology...

My brother fell out with our parents and me and didn't see my mother for the last few years of her life.

Which I'm guessing he really regrets.

I don't miss him and have no sympathy, as he was the architect of his own misfortune.

I have 3 sisters - at various points they fall out with each other and my Dad. I have no time for it all and am glad I live away from it so they can get on with it. Dad's 82 and we are 58, 55. 52 and 50. They will learn soon enough the folly of their ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.