Not the best game ever, not the worst, but the most "City"..

macca-mcfc-flc said:
Bournemouth at home last home game off the season in 89,3 nil up at half time,they get a pen in the 95min to make it 3-3.
Luckly we drew at Bradford the next week to go up.

And didn't Ian Bishop score for Bournemouth that day?

Big Niall Quinn saving a penalty against Derby County having already scored against them. Place went mental. We won 2-1 with ten men.

Walsall away 1989:

City cruising promotion yet 2-0 down against relegation certainties. Dibble carried off and replaced by Gleghorn: City roar back to a 3-2 lead and victory looks certain when Moulden is brought down for a late penalty. McNab misses and Walsall equalise after a daft backpass from David Oldfied.

Not the best game ever, not the worst, but the most "City"..

Birmingham home when we won 1-0, fat bob Taylor scored. Second to last game of the promotion back to prem season under royle. We had a massive pitch invasion, and even though we weren't promoted yet, celebrated like we were..... Couldve been embarrassing! In fact, that Blackburn game after when we got absolutely battered in the first half yet ran out 4-1 winners. That was an emotional rollercoaster of epic proportion!

thegoat10 said:
What about the last home game of the season not so long ago, battered Fulham and crusing 2 - 0 at half time. They were dead buried and down, typical City 2 - 3.

This was my very first match I ever attended. My father in law and I went. It was this match that let me know I was destined to be a City fan for life. So very typical City.

can,t believe no ones mentioned the gillingham game yet.It must have been the football equivalant of waterboarding

Anothe classic city characteristic has always been our ability to follow up a brilliant performance and great victory with an inexplicably abject and inept performance of collosal rubishness.

Back in 2001 a great home performance against the favourites for div 1 watford we looked amazing won 3 1 the team looked to have settled.

A week later at west brom simon collosimo making his debut an easy win in the bag and we managed to lose 4 0 about 10 pissed city fans disco dancing in the row behind for half the game. What made it more typical city was the fact I got a lift with a west brom fan from london and spent 4 hours on the way home in bad traffic with the worlds biggest smirk sitting next to me.

who do we play in the next round as in is it a case of winner group A plays runner up group B or group winner plays champs league 3rd place team ?

Is that a subliminal reference cup draw questions in a typical city thread - only City fans!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.