Notice of intended prosecution

forevermancity

Got done stupidly speeding in Wales 2 weeks ago and got given the notice. Not heard anything back from the courts/police 16 days after, does anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes to come through?

Ive just this morning received a speeding fine. 51kph in a 50 zone. Zero fucking tolerance too. Bastards. it's going to cost me almost 30 quid.

Eh? What country is that in surely you could argue speedo inaccuracy with such a tiny infraction.

EDIT: Just seen your location on the PC... it doesn't show on tapatalk. Not a massive surprise there then the Swiss practically hate cars don't they? No Motorsport since 1955 and basically no car manufacturers to speak of.

Last edited:
Got done stupidly speeding in Wales 2 weeks ago and got given the notice. Not heard anything back from the courts/police 16 days after, does anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes to come through?

I live in Wales and I got done twice in 6 months last year by ' safety camera' ( my last time before that I was 18 back 1978) The fuckers were onto me like a shot, less than a week IIRC. Were you pulled over or flashed etc etc.

Zero tolerance on a speed camera is one of the dumbest things. Radar guns have a drift and have to constantly be re-calibrated. Probably not worth the time or money to fight it, but still, I can't believe that would even be legal for a fine under those conditions. They try it in different states here occasionally and they always end up worse off as they ultimately end up having a massive amount of tickets dismissed.

I absolutely hate automated punishment systems. There is a light in a small town near Jacksonville, FL that put in 5 camera systems to send out fines for people that run the red lights. At first it caught loads of people and then people started stopping as they should. So the people in power started to panic about losing the revenue so they shortened the caution time down to a level that if you are going the speed limit, you can't possibly stop in time (one of the local Universities did a study on it to prove that case). So with that information in hand, a judge ordered the city to stop issuing tickets until he could review the case. After sitting on his desk for 6 months, the city started talking about how their budget had been slashed due to the judge and actually started campaigning against him. Needless to say, he won re-election in a land slide. Finally the city filed a motion and returned the yellow lights to their previous setting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.