Nottingham Forest (H) - Sat 23rd Sept, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprises there. Would have thrown gomez in from the start personally. Just because the fringe players will have to play a bigger role this season if we are to cope with such a small squad and forest at home should be manageable. Go hard from minute 1 overwhelm them get it won early then ring the changes. No dramas today. 3 points no injuries.
I expect Forest to play a deep block and I suspect Doku's ability to beat the full-back may be the reason. Gomez is a quality wide player though.

No complaints about that line up. Probably will see Jack at some time today as he must start to regain some kind of match fitness. Would also love to see Rico get some minutes today. Anyone else a bit concerned for his progress due to his lack of playing time lately? Its a long season but still....would love to see him involved.
I suspect he'll play a lot more when the cups get going.

No complaints about that line up. Probably will see Jack at some time today as he must start to regain some kind of match fitness. Would also love to see Rico get some minutes today. Anyone else a bit concerned for his progress due to his lack of playing time lately? Its a long season but still....would love to see him involved.
Will see him start against Newcastle no doubt.

No surprises there. Would have thrown gomez in from the start personally. Just because the fringe players will have to play a bigger role this season if we are to cope with such a small squad and forest at home should be manageable. Go hard from minute 1 overwhelm them get it won early then ring the changes. No dramas today. 3 points no injuries.
Spot on. Let’s hope the changes can start at 55 mins. Save the legs of the important players

Just seen something on Forest's main forum. It was in the 89-90 season. Their player head's the ball out of Dibble's hand, and then puts it into the net. Goal allowed! The basis was that Dibble was only holding it with one hand (he's clearly completely in control of it. And actually, I've never played keeper, but it strikes me that when you're just about to kick it upfield, as Dibble was clearly about to do, you very often hold it with one hand, rather than both, for a brief instant).
Never seen that before. Was the ref right within the strict laws of the game? Would he be right today?

On a side note: on the sidelines. Howard Kendall doing his nut. Aah, what could have been! Howard, why oh why did you go? The nineties would surely have been different.

These days the rules are pretty clear that if the keeper is in the "motion" of drop-kicking the ball, then he's considered to be in control regardless of how many hands he has on it, so you can't come in and nick it off him.

Back then I think the rule was more ambiguous, I seem to remember the same thing happening to Weaver once (was it v Bradford?) and in that instance he got the free kick but it was a fairly controversial decision at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.