Nottingham Forest Thread - 2022/23

I think Forest will do alright as I think Steve Cooper will hold his own in the prem. He coached the England U17s when Phil was at that age and he always name checks him for having an influence on his career.
I'd like to revisit this thread in November and see if I was right or wrong but I think Forest will do alright plus It's refreshing that a different team has come up rather than you're usual suspects of Norwich and West Brom who was boring the pants off everyone yo-yo-ing every other season.

Just a shame Forest play in Red :)

I think Forest will do alright as I think Steve Cooper will hold his own in the prem. He coached the England U17s when Phil was at that age and he always name checks him for having an influence on his career.
I'd like to revisit this thread in November and see if I was right or wrong but I think Forest will do alright plus It's refreshing that a different team has come up rather than you're usual suspects of Norwich and West Brom who was boring the pants off everyone yo-yo-ing every other season.

Just a shame Forest play in Red :)
The original Garibaldi !!

They chose to wear Garibaldi red shirts when they formed as a club in the 1860s.
Giuseppe Garibaldi was a 19th century Italian revolutionary and his followers were known as "red shirts".
And Forest picked the colour red in order to honour Giuseppe Garibaldi.

They chose to wear Garibaldi red shirts when they formed as a club in the 1860s.
Giuseppe Garibaldi was a 19th century Italian revolutionary and his followers were known as "red shirts".
And Forest picked the colour red in order to honour Giuseppe Garibaldi.
Never knew that mate.
Interesting fact, I like it.

Always liked Forest, even though the closest I ever came to getting my head stoved in was at the train station there after a game in the mid 80s. Hope they stay up and do ok.

Never knew that mate.
Interesting fact, I like it.
I never knew myself until I watched the FA Cup games on tv last season. It was all over The City Ground. -
" Wear the Garibaldi with pride".
I had to Google it to get the story behind it all.
And I went to Forest 4/5 times in the late 70s/early 80s when Cloughie was in charge and we used to regularly get beat 4-1 or 4-0.
Never the slightest hint about the story behind their red shirts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.