Notts County Heading South

Karma for that FA Cup defeat in 1991. ;-)
That's some mighty fine grudge bearing there. Help yourself to any cuddly toy from the top shelf, young man.

its sad, the FA should help them. This is huge,a founding club and one of the first dominating clubs.
I don't like to see any club go wallop but I can't agree with your reasoning. It's exactly the same sort of thinking that has certain other clubs constantly lionised for everything by large sections of the media.
No club is bigger or more special than any other. That included us when we were clinging by a thread and it most certainly includes Notts County now.

Before I emigrated, for 12 years I lived a mile from Meadow Lane, went down a few times and it was always enjoyable, proper local fans and they tend to stick with them, just wish the kid with the drum would do one!... My most vivid memory of a City game was 911, a night league cup tie and I seem to remember it went to ET, went down with my youngest and it was a weird atmosphere as the news was still breaking as it happened only 5 or 6 hours before KO, surreal night and no one was interested in football, we won though so not all bad.

Drew with them on the way to our 2011 FA cup win......divs waving Utd scarves at us.

Who the fuck do you support????

1-1 Dzeko in the last few minutes, I was in the County end, beat em 5-0 in the replay ... Their social club is brilliant ..
I was in an ‘executive box’ behind the goal where Dzeko scored, with a secretary from a working men’s club somewhere near Hucknall (where a lot of Notts fans hail from) and the M.D. of a local brewery (who is a big blue).

The ‘executive box’ did not live up to its name, by any stretch of the imagination.

Great day out, though.

I was in an ‘executive box’ behind the goal where Dzeko scored, with a secretary from a working men’s club somewhere near Hucknall (where a lot of Notts fans hail from) and the M.D. of a local brewery (who is a big blue).

The ‘executive box’ did not live up to its name, by any stretch of the imagination.

Great day out, though.
Yeah I had a ball, my mates are Notts fans, they live in a town called Arnold just outside Nottingham, I had a bet City would win 5-0 in the first leg but didn't repeat it at our place ;-(

Yeah I had a ball, my mates are Notts fans, they live in a town called Arnold just outside Nottingham, I had a bet City would win 5-0 in the first leg but didn't repeat it at our place ;-(
I know Arnold well. By rights it’s part of Nottingham, but it very much has its own identity. A bit like Middleton in relation to Manchester.

Old mining town. Good people.

Great day out, though.

Which brewery is he MD of ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.