Notts County Heading South

My Dad was born in Nottingham before moving up during primary school. As a consequence we’d always put down any Nottingham team as an away day. Had some great trips. Was at an FA Cup 2-2 draw when David Brightwell scores the equaliser, the Shaun Goater last second snatch n grab for a 1-1 draw (which send 3000 city fans potty) and the 1-1 FA Cup draw when we went on to win the thing. Looking back I’ve never seen us win there but great days out and good ppl and sorry to see them go. They should be League 1 minimum

My Dad was born in Nottingham before moving up during primary school. As a consequence we’d always put down any Nottingham team as an away day. Had some great trips. Was at an FA Cup 2-2 draw when David Brightwell scores the equaliser, the Shaun Goater last second snatch n grab for a 1-1 draw (which send 3000 city fans potty) and the 1-1 FA Cup draw when we went on to win the thing. Looking back I’ve never seen us win there but great days out and good ppl and sorry to see them go. They should be League 1 minimum
Seen City there about four times, including that Gary Lund game, the Goater smash and grab and 9/11. Wish I’d been there in 1985. A truly great day out by all accounts, even though we lost.

Seen City there about four times, including that Gary Lund game, the Goater smash and grab and 9/11. Wish I’d been there in 1985. A truly great day out by all accounts, even though we lost.

That Goater 94th min goal turned the tide for him. He’d missed 3/4 easy chances and was getting dogs abuse. Then that one off his knee and pandemonium at a 1-1 draw! Great times. How things have changed!

That Goater 94th min goal turned the tide for him. He’d missed 3/4 easy chances and was getting dogs abuse. Then that one off his knee and pandemonium at a 1-1 draw! Great times. How things have changed!
I have a tawdry confession. I left before the end. Felt awful afterwards. Hardly ever leave before the end now. Subsequently learnt my lesson, gaining the benefit in 1999 and 2012.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.