Nou Camp Redevelopment

Jacob Smith

http://bit.ly/1LQLwNW
Interesting. Seems they've been avoiding the regulations for years with the crumbled stairwells and seats where you can't see the pitch if you're taller than four foot.

how are they going to do this while still playing there would take at least 2 full years to build this i would imagine they need to go to ground floor and build completly new, unless they do stand by stand and take 4 years.

I'm sorry but the current Nou Camp is a dung heap - nothing stunning about it at all - never judge a stadium by its seat count, as we know with The Swamp (1930's Maine Road excepted)

Its going to be a difficult job to keep the capacity up whilst they're doing the work.

Surely now we need to crack on with the North Stand Expansion

I'm sorry but the current Nou Camp is a dung heap - nothing stunning about it at all - never judge a stadium by its seat count, as we know with The Swamp (1930's Maine Road excepted)

Its going to be a difficult job to keep the capacity up whilst they're doing the work.

Let's be realistic Maine rd was a dump, but it was our dump and it was massive in its day. 80k people and the toilets weren't connected to the sewer at the kippax side! God I miss that place!

Their average league attendance last season was only 77,623 and their three CL group games this year were all circa 70,000 so if they could start the redevelopment work at the end of this season and aim to have the bulk of it done by February 2017 then they'd likely not lose out on any capacity if they could shut 20,000 seats off at a time, although I'm sure it will take longer than that and be far less simplistic.

The new design looks stunning IMO - and while the current ground is a bit dilapidated, it is breathtaking purely because of the size of it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.