Now all the kids have gone to bed...

ramsdale4

whats your real opinion on Hughes?

On here I post like im 100% behind the guy. It just annoys me when you get these hysterical posts calling for the heads of Hughes, Cook ,Dunnie etc. So i react as an ardent supporter and try and put across the positives about the game.

But to be honest, although i think we should give Hughes at least till next season, i wouldn't be to upset if i woke up tomorrow and he had been sacked.

However I like Hughes as a manager, and although many on here don't, i like his man management style. I cant be arsed with pre-madonna footballers who want to take the piss and if anyone can change that mentality then its Hughes. The trouble is, doing it this way means its going to get worse before it gets better (which is evident of our current displays) but given time and a few new faces brought in by Hughes then this type of man management could turn our club into a real force, like that tosser did at the swamp.

The trouble is most City fans want instant success, and with Hughes that isn't going to happen.

i'm still willing to give him a chance until the end of the season but anywhere lower than 10th and i'm sure most of the supporters will be calling for his head. his decisions for games baffle me at times and he comes across as clueless to the media after every game lately then when we scrape a win it papers over the cracks. we absolutely have to get at least 7 points from our next 3 games or i'm going to wonder whether he really should be given the season or if we should do everything we can to bring in a manager who knows how to motivate and play good attacking football, free flowing football isnt and never has been hughes' style so there's that case against him as well. i'll wait for the next 3 games to be done before casting my final opinion on him

I am really in the undecided camp with regards to Hughes, I do feel that it would be somewhat rash to give him the boot until at least the end of feb so he can prove what he can do.

I do question some of his tactical decisions but he knows more about what the players perform like in training so he needs time to get his ideology across.

Saying that though any truly disastrous performance where we get soundly beaten I imagine the chairman will bow down to fans pressure and give Hughes the boot. I pray that is not Monday morning but if we can't get a win at a distinctly poor West Brom team I would say we will be searching for a new manager.

ramsdale4 said:
whats your real opinion on Hughes?

On here I post like im 100% behind the guy. It just annoys me when you get these hysterical posts calling for the heads of Hughes, Cook ,Dunnie etc. So i react as an ardent supporter and try and put across the positives about the game.

But to be honest, although i think we should give Hughes at least till next season, i wouldn't be to upset if i woke up tomorrow and he had been sacked.

However I like Hughes as a manager, and although many on here don't, i like his man management style. I cant be arsed with pre-madonna footballers who want to take the piss and if anyone can change that mentality then its Hughes. The trouble is, doing it this way means its going to get worse before it gets better (which is evident of our current displays) but given time and a few new faces brought in by Hughes then this type of man management could turn our club into a real force, like that tosser did at the swamp.

The trouble is most City fans want instant success, and with Hughes that isn't going to happen.

Good post mate. I'm undecided on Hughes, but the way some of the anti-Hughes brigade behave on here makes me want to fight his corner, even though he's been pretty shit. It's esay to call for a manager's head, but I've not seen too many realistic replacements. There's no point in sacking him for the sake of it if we haven't got someone appropriate lined up, which I don't think we have. At least give him this year and then evaluate; sacking him now would be folly.

I certainly don't disagree that sacking him now would be a bit silly but the thought of this man being in charge of hundreds of millions of pounds and being with us for the next 3+ years fills me with dread.

Out of all the shit managers, players and chairman that I've seen at our club I despise Hughes and Toxic far more than any other. With Hughes every time I see him do an interview or I read his after match comments or I'm at a game and I see his substitutions he drives me more and more insane. I genuinely despite the c**t

jay_mcfc said:
I certainly don't disagree that sacking him now would be a bit silly but the thought of this man being in charge of hundreds of millions of pounds and being with us for the next 3+ years fills me with dread.

Out of all the shit managers, players and chairman that I've seen at our club I despise Hughes and Toxic far more than any other. With Hughes every time I see him do an interview or I read his after match comments or I'm at a game and I see his substitutions he drives me more and more insane. I genuinely despite the c**t

I hate to be the one to tell you, but Thaksin no longer owns our club. If the season continues as it is then Hughes won't be in charge in summer. Don't worry. Time to move on my friend.

I'll move on either when he starts acting and performing like a top class manager or when he moves on...no guessing which will come first.

No worries, but you'll stop harping on about our previous chairman? I was no fan of Swales, but I don't feel the need to still pontificate about it.

No matter who is in charge of the club, no matter how bad were doing on/off the pitch, manchester city football club will always be in my heart and soul.
Im not that keen on hughes personally, and wouldnt be to dissapointed if/when he leaves, but for the sake of manchester city football club he needs to start producing some wins.

Ric said:
No worries, but you'll stop harping on about our previous chairman? I was no fan of Swales, but I don't feel the need to still pontificate about it.

On a day when more than ever people are complaining about Hughes and wanting back Sven I think it's fair enough to criticise the clown that made the decision in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.