Nuisance phone calls.

jimharri

Anyone else getting phone calls from a Tunisian number/numbers lately? I've had two in the last 20 minutes. The calls are automatically disconnected after one ring; the network (VF), I presume. Haven't had some of these in a while. The last ones were from Mali and Guinea a few months back. Scam calls, apparently. You could end up losing credit on your mobile. Seems to be commonplace. #missedcallsam on twitter is fairly informative. Don't answer them if you get these calls.

Anyone else getting phone calls from a Tunisian number/numbers lately? I've had two in the last 20 minutes. The calls are automatically disconnected after one ring; the network (VF), I presume. Haven't had some of these in a while. The last ones were from Mali and Guinea a few months back. Scam calls, apparently. You could end up losing credit on your mobile. Seems to be commonplace. #missedcallsam on twitter is fairly informative. Don't answer them if you get these calls.
I get lots of them on my mobile,just one ring because they want you to ring back and charge you.All 08455 numbers I never answer and just blocked them.

I despair for teenage kids growing up in this society. All they are bombarded with are email scams, mobile scams, social media shite and ultra-heavy advertising. What a future!
Apart from here I barely see any ads. I have modded APKs for more or less anything I need and quite a few I have removed ads from by using Lucky. Patcher. I don't use social media but as I'm in my mid-approaching late 60s I suppose I don't need to be.

Apart from here I barely see any ads. I have modded APKs for more or less anything I need and quite a few I have removed ads from by using Lucky. Patcher. I don't use social media but as I'm in my mid-approaching late 60s I suppose I don't need to be.
I only really go on here and I use the Brave browser, (which I have downed shields for this site, @Ric.) But everywhere else I go, it's 'shields up', no adverts and a peaceful browsing experience. I'm early sixties and don't have the need to do 'social media' but as i said in my post, it's the yoof I feel sorry for. Things are only going to get worse for them in my opinion.

question is, where are they getting numbers from? are the network providers leaking it out? i get pissed with the "have u been involved in a car accident recent"

I despair for teenage kids growing up in this society. All they are bombarded with are email scams, mobile scams, social media shite and ultra-heavy advertising. What a future!
You missed off the new big one... deep fakes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.