Oasis at Maine Road. 25 years ago today

Innsbruckblue

Couldn’t find a thread for this...
25 years ago today, Oasis played the first of two days at Maine Road. At the time, their biggest-ever gigs, and with fantastic support bands. I was fortunate enough to be working at Maine Road that season, running one of the bars in the Kippax, which meant I got to see Oasis play on both days for free (got paid for it, actually). The Saturday gig I watched from the pitch, Sunday from the VIP seats in the Kippax, followed by entry to the backstage party at the top of the stand. What a gig!
Was anyone else there?

Was living in Tenerife at the time and flew home for the weekend. Went on the Sunday and had a fucking ball.
Best days of my life that particular period in time.

just a bit too young for me, but i watched this gig countless times through my teen years.

Can't remember what day I went but it put me off Oasis :) Just remember it was full of drunk, baseball cap wearing kids thinking they were hard. Liam also kept appearing outside the boxes begging for attention during the support acts which i thought was out of order. Weirdly i think it was the first time i'd noticed the aggression and bravado of their songs which just wasn't for me. I now only listen to pan pipes and whale songs.

25 years ago though makes me feel real old. The girl i went with is now my wife. I didn't have any kids or real responsibilities. Good times

Was in the top deck of the new Kippax near the back, talk about rocking, the stand felt like it was flexing with a 3 foot sway! Great Saturday evening gig supported by the excellent Ocean colour scene and Manics, Then the Mancs came on stage and took it away. Memorable gig.

Went on the sunday with my ex missus

Took her round all the pre match boozers round Maine Road... probably one of the reasons whys she's my ex missus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.