Obesity

Ancient Citizen

Travelled back home from my Hols on a plane that must have had about 40% of its' passengers in the 'Morbidly Obese' category.
Now, I'm not exactly sylphlike myself anymore, but the sheer number of lard-arses, depressingly, including young children, about nowadays is staggering. What the fuck is wrong with parents these days? They are obviously pandering to their little sweetheart's every whim, and will not listen to the mountains of medical advice and information that is telling them that they are killing not only themselves, but their children.
I watched a family of 5 puffing, sweating and wheezing up the aircraft steps, then watched all five of them scoff sarnies, pringles, cakes, toffees and pies for the first half hour, then spend the rest of the flight ringing the stewardess for more scran.
We are becoming a nation of fat knackers, for sure.

I too am a fattiechops lardarse and it has got to the stage where I am now at the heaviest I have ever been. I weighed myself Tuesday and tipped the scales at 16st 10lbs. Decided to take drastic action as I have a wedding coming up where I am best man so have gone on one of these two shakes a day and nothing else. I know people will jump on me for doing this but given the short time frame it requires some drastic measures. Been on it 2 days and dropped 5lbs already.

I know quick fixes are just that and once it's done I'll inevitably put some timber back on but like I say, I'd put on that much weight, have a BMI of 32 that I'm hoping it will be the short, sharp shock I need and act as the foundation to make the appropriate changes for the future.

strongbowholic said:
I too am a fattiechops lardarse and it has got to the stage where I am now at the heaviest I have ever been. I weighed myself Tuesday and tipped the scales at 16st 10lbs. Decided to take drastic action as I have a wedding coming up where I am best man so have gone on one of these two shakes a day and nothing else. I know people will jump on me for doing this but given the short time frame it requires some drastic measures. Been on it 2 days and dropped 5lbs already.

I know quick fixes are just that and once it's done I'll inevitably put some timber back on but like I say, I'd put on that much weight, have a BMI of 32 that I'm hoping it will be the short, sharp shock I need and act as the foundation to make the appropriate changes for the future.

Fair play to you for doing something mate, but like you said you will end up worse off for it in the long run

strongbowholic said:
How did it go in January, when you were off the Bow?

The population is definitely getting chunkier. I too am a mega-lard-arse and I've just started on a kind of Paleo diet to get me on the right track. I've lost just over a stone in 3 weeks and I'm eating healthier than ever.

In my opinion, it's the supermarkets that are behind all this. Everywhere you turn in supermarkets these days there are offers on highly processed sugar laden foods.

Went to disneyland about 16 years ago I could not belive how fat the yanks were.

Went back a couple of years ago expecting the same but did not notice them being any fatter than the uk!!

How times have changed!

another generation said:
strongbowholic said:
How did it go in January, when you were off the Bow?
That was murder! Lost a little weight (about half a stone as I didn't modify my eating habits that much) however Feb onwards I've been borderline alcoholic :))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.