Obsessed with United?

kenzie115

Firstly I just want to point out that I'm not saying we as City fans are obsessed with United, but at the same time I'm not saying we're not, I'm undecided.

Take our songs for example:

About United:

Fergie, Fergie, Sign Him Up
The City is Ours
The baby's not yours
Hark Now Hear the City Sing
Never Felt More Like Singing the Blues
If You Hate Man United, Clap your Hands.
You're in Debt and It's Growing
U-N-I, T-E-D.
Benjani, woah
Carlos Tevez is a Blue
Malcolm Glazer is a Blue
Fergie's Right, Your Fans Are Shit

Not about United:

Blue Moon
Come On City
We've got Robinho
Invisible Man
Manchester Na Na Na
Famous Man City on the Road to Wembley
We Love You City, We Do

In between:

34 Years and we're still here (doesn't mention United but relates to their banner)

There's probably some that I've missed but from the list above you can see that more than half our songs are about, or include, United in some way. Is this too many? I'm not sure. I know a lot of the songs are about their debt which is a very current topic and we may not be singing those songs in a years time and I love the songs about United and it's great to have this rivalry but are we bordering on obsessive?

Just the way of things when you get two teams in one City.They are obssessed with us.Liverpool are obseesed with Everotn (and Visa-versa).Sheff Wednesday are obsessed with Sheff Utd etc etc

kenzie115 said:
Firstly I just want to point out that I'm not saying we as City fans are obsessed with United, but at the same time I'm not saying we're not, I'm undecided.

Take our songs for example:

About United:

Fergie, Fergie, Sign Him Up
The City is Ours
The baby's not yours
Hark Now Hear the City Sing
Never Felt More Like Singing the Blues
If You Hate Man United, Clap your Hands.
You're in Debt and It's Growing
U-N-I, T-E-D.
Benjani, woah
Carlos Tevez is a Blue
Malcolm Glazer is a Blue
Fergie's Right, Your Fans Are Shit

Not about United:

Blue Moon
Come On City
We've got Robinho
Invisible Man
Manchester Na Na Na
Famous Man City on the Road to Wembley
We Love You City, We Do

In between:

34 Years and we're still here (doesn't mention United but relates to their banner)

There's probably some that I've missed but from the list above you can see that more than half our songs are about, or include, United in some way. Is this too many? I'm not sure. I know a lot of the songs are about their debt which is a very current topic and we may not be singing those songs in a years time and I love the songs about United and it's great to have this rivalry but are we bordering on obsessive?
Super city from maine rd, o when the blues go marching in, we all follow the city, manchester la la la , city are back hello hello.

there was me thinking that the rags where our rival, have i been moved to another city , ffs hope its not london , fookin place is full of the twats. im not obsest, but i know a man who is;)

It's called hitting back afteryears of taking shit and nothing to get under their noses about.

If you went on Wednesday, you would have sen how much they hated the new chants. Up and at em!

jrb said:
It's called hitting back afteryears of taking shit and nothing to get under their noses about.

If you went on Wednesday, you would have sen how much they hated the new chants. Up and at em!

Which did they hate the most, jrb?

Pam said:
jrb said:

Which did they hate the most, jrb?

It was a close call between U.N.I.T.E.D and the CITY IS OURS. However, after thinking back, it has to be the CITY IS OURS, especially after Tevez scored. It was f***in loud and awesome. Watching those rags underneath us squirming made my day at that point. The rest is history.

One more point. THE CITY IS OURS. No reply from Stretford. Loved it!

Obviously we are obsesed with the rags, and to make matters worse they just dont care about us cause their new derbys are with Leeds and liverpool, that is why you will NEVER hear them sing songs about City, you will never hear them talk about City, and you would CERTAINLY NEVER see any of them posting on a City message board.

Oh wait.........

law74 said:
Obviously we are obsesed with the rags, and to make matters worse they just dont care about us cause their new derbys are with Leeds and liverpool, that is why you will NEVER hear them sing songs about City, you will never hear them talk about City, and you would CERTAINLY NEVER see any of them posting on a City message board.

Oh wait.........
and there all mancunian too honest they are .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.